Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / I passed
- - By cryogenicshaun (**) Date 07-02-2008 18:54
I went and took the National Board Exam a couple months ago and was successful! I just wanted to spread my good news. 2 days and 7 code books later. I don't know what was harder, the test, or carrying all those Code books.

Then I accepted a job as a Q/C Manager instead of an A.I. Go figure. LOL!
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 07-02-2008 19:02
congrats, and good luck with your new job!
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 07-02-2008 19:20
I don't congratulate everyone that tells us they passed the CWI or National Board, it simply that I get lazy.

However I do want to offer my sincerest congratulations to all of you that have taken the initiative to study and pass these exams. No one that has taken them ever comes away from them saying "it was a snap." Quite the contrary, they are difficult and they aren't for those that only tackle them half heartedly.

Congratulations to all of you. Good show.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By cryogenicshaun (**) Date 07-02-2008 20:14
I can't be one of those people that say it was snap. I didn't pass by much, but passing is passing. A guy I worked with went and took it in May and when he got to work a few days later I asked him how he thought he did and he said, " To be honest, I think I aced it. It was too easy not to have." 2 weeks later I saw him and asked him if got his results yet and he responded, " Yeah, I'm going to take it again in a couple months."  HaHa! Guess it wasn't so easy after all.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / I passed