Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ? on changing thermostat
- - By DoubleB (*) Date 07-11-2008 01:42
I have a SA 200 with a F163 engine. I want to change the thermostat. I pulled the thermostat housing and their is a metal sleeve that is down in the housing that is holding the thermostat in the housing. What do I have to do to get sleeve out and put a new one in.
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 07-11-2008 02:14
mine is a f162 motor the sleeve I have is like this C shape and I just carefully used a flathead screwdriver and carefully worked it out after you get it out the thermostat comes right out when you put the new one back in make it so the C shape of the sleeve where the slot is.. is inline with the little hole on the side of the houseing which that tube goes back to the waterpump mine was blocked off I believe I spoke with Bill at Bills welder repair and he said that little hole should not be blocked off by the sleeve. Be careful not to damage that sleeve I think Kaye told me that you can't buy a new sleeve which I'm sure if it did break you could fabricate a new one now the sleeve maybe a little rusty just take some sandpaper and sand the rust off and put it back in and thats about it if this is different then a F 162 motor then disregard everything I said. goodluck

Chris
Parent - - By DoubleB (*) Date 07-11-2008 02:22
Thanks for the info that sounds like what I have got on my hands. I will try that. Do you rember the number on ur thermostat that you got and where did you get it?
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 07-11-2008 02:45
I had Kaye over at http://www.billswelderrepair.com/home.html rebuild my waterpump at the time and order the thermostat from her I think it was like a 180 thermostat but I think you can get it at like O'reillys autoparts but I just figured why not buy from her she has helped me so dang much with the rebuild of my machine why go anywhere else..if you need your carb or waterpump rebuilt call her up you won't be sorry

Chris
Parent - - By DoubleB (*) Date 07-11-2008 02:51
I will take it to work with me tomorrow and get it out and just take it to NAPA or Oreillys and get one. Yea she has helped me out a bunch and all I do is give her a call tell her my probs and go from there. Thanks again for the help.
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 07-11-2008 03:00
no problem anytime and another thing you may want to do or not I know my filler neck houseing was really really rusty so I took some sandpaper and the best I could to clean that rust out from the inside of the filler neck so you may want to do the same. I was only thinking in terms of having a new waterpump I didn't want all that rust getting in there and messing up my freshly rebuilt pump what can I say I'm kinda a clean freak and like **** to be perfect. later

Chris
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ? on changing thermostat