Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / welding rig
- - By bullrider140 Date 07-13-2008 23:03
[deleted]
Parent - By Billyjoe (***) Date 11-09-2008 04:10
lincoln welder sa200 ,you can go any where ,if you can weld!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 11-09-2008 21:03
Bullrider

Please don't ask what the "usual rate which guys charge an hour" is.  If the wording of such a question is not precisely constructed, it can be construed as price fixing.
Parent - By K.Sexton26 (**) Date 11-10-2008 03:50
Try either a miller pro300, or a lincoln vantage 300,400. Both machines are topnotch, most guys on this forum are lincoln fans. If your on a fixed budget and can't afford a new machine find a good used lincoln SA 200 theres plenty of them around and easy to repair and get parts for, there tough i run one myself. AS far as comparing newer lincolns and millers im on a single hand job right now runnin a lincoln vantage that has 111 HRS on it i put 100 of those HRS on it and would trade it for a miller pro 300 or pipepro in a heart beat. Im not saying the vantage isn't a good machine i think millers got them beat on newer machines. I've been using the vantage on 4" heavy wall pipe tig all the way out and 16" 2 1/4 chrome heavy wall tig root,20%fill, and lohy the rest and it's all Xray all the joints have shot clean the machine is impressive on lohy rods but as far as puttin beads in with 5Ps the pro 300s gotem beat. I think the vantage fluxuates too much if u dont have consistent fits or a remote you'll spend a third of the day waiting on your helper to adjust your amperage. Im sure ill catch some grief over saying the pro 300 is better than the vantage but its my suggestion or opinion to you go with the pro 300, do not by a air cooled machine like the trailblazer no QC in the united states will give you a test. Good luck on gettin rigged out
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / welding rig