Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Got on as a helper finally
- - By fordsux8269 (**) Date 07-14-2008 02:26
I got on finally as a helper on wensday after 3 weeks of non stop phone calls and a lot of diesel. I think I finally bothered the straw boss enough and he came through. Were up here in bridgeport layin some 16 inch they say we got 97 miles of it. Cant wait to get my rig goin. And did I mention its HOT!!!
Parent - By K.Sexton82 (*) Date 07-14-2008 03:48
congrats!! is it every thing you thought it would be, who did you hire out with?
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 07-14-2008 06:32
Congrats!!! Work hard, watch, keep open mind, listen, ask questions, and before you no it you will be right there beside the rest of us. How is the bed coming along?
Parent - - By fordsux8269 (**) Date 07-14-2008 10:43
I got on with Quanta utility. They have a good amount of work goin on right now. And yes Its pretty much everything I thought it was rigght now I would really like to get on somewhere that is doing pre fab so I can learn the fabrication side of things. But I am in no hurry.  The bed got put on hold for a few weeks Ive got a 71 sa200 that Im completly rebuilding and finally recieved all the parts I need for it. And I need to get it going so I can get practicing again. But I have the fenders built and all the steel rounded up that I will need for it. I dont know If yall know what a Road Armor bumper is but that is the look that I am after.
Parent - By phaux (***) Date 07-14-2008 12:06
They looking for anymore helpers?
Parent - - By texasrigwelder (**) Date 07-17-2008 00:07
if ur lookin to learn some fab there usaly hirin helpers on and off were im at we do lots and lots of fab for chesapeak were 798 , ill pm u my number our wharehouse is in cleburne
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 07-17-2008 02:10
Good job brother! glad you found what you were after. Do your job and learn. The next level is waiting!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Got on as a helper finally