Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Barnett Shale; Oversaturated with weldors?
- - By JohnJohn (**) Date 07-15-2008 00:12
Hey fellas, I'm new to the board and live in Ft. Worth. Is the Barnett Shale have more pipeliners than pipelines to put in? I was doing rig work a couple of years ago but got back into structural, I'm thinking of going back in but higher up in the food chain this time. I hear there it's pretty cutthroat to get in somewhere besides just passing the test. Thoughts....

JohnJohn
Parent - By millerman (**) Date 07-15-2008 22:44
john catusthe welder is looking for rig welders for a long term i think in brady texas  see  the post

thanks mac
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 07-17-2008 00:11
From what I hear down there not by a long shot. There is a lot of churn going on where guys move around. If you are a good welder, Chaco to Grandbury should be ripe for jobs.
BABRT's
Parent - By JohnJohn (**) Date 07-17-2008 02:04
Thanks for the input guys. I guess I  hear so much gossip it's hard to sort out what is fact or fiction. I see a ton of trucks on the road for sure. I have about 4-6 weeks work lined up at the moment but I am starting to practice up a bit in my spare time. By the way, enjoyed your post about the 12 on 12, I'm going to give that one a try.

Work Safe,

JohnJohn
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Barnett Shale; Oversaturated with weldors?