Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Certification for Titanium Turboprop exhaust??
- - By Fusionman100 Date 07-16-2008 03:08
Hello all I have a question... i work at a small airline and they desire to do the heat stress crack repairs on the exhaust ducts of their turbo props in house. They want me to do it and I think that would fall under D17.1 but I just wanted to run it by you guys and or gals...the piece is round and im not sure on thickness but its sheet guage...do you think D17.1 would cover that or would it fall under a different cert? Or i could be totally wrong about the whole thing lol so please enlighten me =) Thank you all in advance for any advice!
-Nick
Parent - - By Ringo (***) Date 07-16-2008 10:32
D17.1 would cover you,but I hope you have an Argon chamber and a vacuum furnace you'll need both.I work for a repair station,we do that type of work.
Parent - - By Fusionman100 Date 07-16-2008 16:50
cool thank you! I use trailing shields and back purging...pretty simple set up. i have yet to research the exact procedure but any thermal procedures required can be sub'ed out to an adjacent facility for next to nothing in a barter type system ;-) what kind of materials and parts do you work on at your repair facility?
Parent - By Ringo (***) Date 07-16-2008 17:38
We overhaul mostly Rolls-Royce and Pratt-Whitney engines here.Inconel,Titanium,Nickel,and Stainless.Just follow your engine manual,and the code,and you should be okay.You will have to develop your own welding procedures though.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Certification for Titanium Turboprop exhaust??