Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / how to bulid a welding bed
- - By josh briones (*) Date 07-18-2008 01:09
I was wondering how to build a bed. Like what are the steps on build it from the frame up?
Parent - - By zach benefield (*) Date 07-18-2008 23:07
first u need to know what u want it to look like that is hardest thing to figure out, u need to know the width of your rear axel outside of tires, the width of cab, the width of your fram, how big u want your sub fram, how long you want it to be, how wide, how much finder you want to see, do u want the sides broke or not and if u do how much angle how long, do u want the the mach to have a step down and how muck, r u going to put a goose neck ball in the middle of it, how big do want to your boxes and how many

hope that helps some
zach
Parent - - By josh briones (*) Date 07-19-2008 00:21
thanks that helps alot i know what i want it to look like just and the way i want everything setup just dont know were to start.
Parent - - By zach benefield (*) Date 07-19-2008 00:33
i made my subfram out of 1 1\2" sq tubing and 28" of the front i stepped down 3" then i quartered a peice of 6" for role if u will send me your email i will send u some pics of my fram

zach
Parent - By josh briones (*) Date 07-19-2008 15:09
riveria22@yahoo.com thats my email thanks.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / how to bulid a welding bed