Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Attn: TIG hands-beware
- - By Yardbird (*) Date 07-19-2008 00:48
    Lincoln makes High-Freq. boxes that will work on SA-200.  Some models of boxes just have on-off switch . Some models have switches which will turn on-off and control heat also.  I currently own one of these boxes with on-off switch only.  They aren't cheap, but they work good.
Parent - - By Root Pass (***) Date 07-19-2008 04:12
Yardbird, What is the name of the box you use? Does it run off of DC current? I have only seen the ones that require 115v AC.
Parent - By Yardbird (*) Date 07-19-2008 13:19
  Root pass,  I stand corrected, the High Freq. box won't work  plugged into  the SA-200 outlet.  You need to find a outside source for the AC power.  You can plug in to bldg power or to a small generator with AC power outlets.  Then you make up pig tails that go to the High Freq box from the welder.  Then you hook up your ground and welding cable coming out of the box to the work.  Also hook up TIG whip to welding cable, and your argon to your bottle.  You might want to check this out.

Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 07-26-2008 02:17
You need a machine with an internal contactor with remote amperage control to have control of the amperage remotely. I'm not too familiar with Lincoln but all newer Miller HF 250 & 251 D1 have a remote control cord for use with a machine having a contactor & remote amperage control. You can use these on nearly any CC machine, you just will not have remote amperage control unless the machine has an outlet for it. S.W.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Attn: TIG hands-beware