Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Oklahoma Declares Soverignty !
- - By Root Pass (***) Date 07-19-2008 04:37
All of ya'll from Oklahoma is this true? Did this just happen?

http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.net/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?noframes;read=207871

STATE OF OKLAHOMA
2nd Session of the 51st Legislature (2008)
HOUSE JOINT
RESOLUTION 1089 By: Key
AS INTRODUCED
A Joint Resolution claiming sovereignty under the
Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United
States over certain powers; serving notice to the
federal government to cease and desist certain
mandates; and directing distribution.
WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United
States reads as follows:
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the
Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to
the States respectively, or to the people."; and
WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal
power as being that specifically granted by the Constitution of the
United States and no more; and
WHEREAS, the scope of power defined by the Tenth Amendment means
that the federal government was created by the states specifically
to be an agent of the states; and ..........
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-19-2008 04:58
WoooooHooooooooo!!!!  That's WILD!!!  I love it, wish the other 49 would follow suit, maybe Washington would wake up!!!
Parent - - By bullsnbets (**) Date 07-19-2008 17:34
No way!!! That can't be real...... surely not. I've lived in OK. all my life, and there's no way this state could function as far as the "legal process" goes without some sort of guidance/ leadership. Our Judges suck! Attorneys are right behind them. If that is the case, maybe we'll get lucky and go back to the old days, "eye for an eye". I could use a little more explanation as to what this means. I'm not exactly sure I understand it completely.
Parent - By snuffman (***) Date 07-19-2008 17:38 Edited 07-19-2008 17:41
I think if it was true we all would have seen it on the news. A state telling the gov. to go get f****d, thats a story no reporter could refuse. Or did I read the article wrong?
Parent - By MetalFinagler (*) Date 07-19-2008 17:47
Its true check out the  OKLAHOMA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES  website it passed on march 13 2008 93 yeas to 3 nays                            http://www.okhouse.gov/51LEG/Leg_Votesxx.aspx?include=okh01983.txt
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 07-19-2008 20:09
yes its true--- I will have to find the exact circumstance for it- but its true.. Our state was the no mans land of the Confederacy and the other land 'given' to the native american population--so sooner or later it was going to happen. As far as i see it the heartland is just that, the heartland. We work honest and we work hard, we take pride in what we do and what we are allowed to have (by the government).

as I see things:
if you (government) set up a pen and provide feed to wild pigs (citizens) and place food in the pen, its not long before the pigs are tamed and don't care about taking care of or providing for themselves and don't give a second thought to what is being givin up in return for the free food.

As the value of the all mighty dollars falls to the Euro, alot of people and states are looking to the government to bridge the gap. The more you ask to be given to you the more you lose in self worth.

My family and I have served this country with pride. And I am not blind to the ability the government has. This country as a whole was founded on self thinkers--where has that gone? Am I just crazy? or the only one listening to short wave?

I wear my blues with pride but wonder about this countries direction. I am in no means politically correct, nor do I care to be. I speak my mind with all the class and knowledge God had afforded me. SOOOOOO Semper FI!!!!!!

Almighty Father, whose command is over all and whose love never fails, make me aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will.  Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty in purpose and deed and helping me to live so that I can face my fellow Marines, my loved ones, and Thee without shame or fear.  Protect my family.

Give me the will to do the work of a Marine and to accept my share of responsibilities with vigor and enthusiasm.  Grant me the courage to be proficient in my daily performance.  Keep me loyal and faithful to my superiors and to the duties my Country and the Marine Corps have entrusted to me.  Help me to wear my uniform with dignity, and let it remind me daily of the traditions which I must uphold.

If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith; if I am tempted, make me strong to resist; if I should miss the mark, give me courage to try again.

Guide me with the light of truth and grant me wisdom by which I may understand the answer to my prayer.
Parent - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 07-19-2008 22:11
AMEN!!!!! Semper Fi Marine!!!!!!!
Parent - - By Root Pass (***) Date 07-20-2008 13:01
I think it is long over due. You have my support.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-21-2008 01:41
"One nation indivisable" Anybody remember where that phrase comes from [until some time in the '50s]?
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 07-21-2008 01:54
No offense, but that went bye bye when we started leaving out the part about "Under God"

For those who have forgotten or choose to only acknowledge the parts they want, here is the whole thing.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

my .02,

jrw159
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-21-2008 01:58
I was refering to the way the pledge was written, "under god" was added as a part of McCarthyism in the '50s. The Civil War was fought on the grounds of The Uninted States of America being "INDIVISIBLE"
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 07-21-2008 02:09
I was not aware that the "Under God" part was added in at a later date. :-)

I will study this part of history that I obviously missed. Thank you for the educational info My Friend.

jrw159
Parent - - By Root Pass (***) Date 07-21-2008 02:09
I think the war between the states was fought for states rights. Now more needed than ever. How can some one all the way up in Washington D.C. know what is needed in FL, ro any other state for that matter. I better stop now because this is one thing that gets my dander up. I just want to be left alone to provide for my family and myself without the govt taking what is mine or pushing something down my throat that goes against my personal freedoms and religious beliefs. The govt has gotten way out of hand and done away with the check and balences provided by the constitution.
Long live Dixie for all the right reasons.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-21-2008 04:05
    Root Pass: The type of Govt. You and most of Us want is pretty much what Thomas Jefferson in particular, and most of the founding fathers wanted. What it has turned into is another thing for sure.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 07-21-2008 04:14
True words Dave. :-)

jrw159
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 07-21-2008 14:04
I remember a year or so back there was another state that threatened the same thing, but I don't think they got to far the feds can be very persuasive. im sure that they spell out exactly what such a move would cost the state such as highways, fuel, shipping laws, fly zones, they may even go as far as sanctions against them, and trade laws there could be so many hidden problems with this issue, it can never happen and will never happen.......unless a large enough portion of the states do it and cause a balance of powers within the US.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-22-2008 04:43
     These are simbolic measures. The Lower Florida Keys ceseded from the US years ago and formed the "Conch Republic" when the bridge connecting them to the mainland was closed right before a holiday. There is still a celebration every year. You can buy Conch Republic passports in the souvineer shops, and at one point friends of Mine were "minting" silver coins with a conck shell on them, and selling them as "The official currency of the Conch Republic" at Mallory Pier.

In Annapolis Md. the Eastport side of town formed the "Maritime Republic of Eastport" when the 6th St. bridge was closed for an extended period of time. If You see MRE stickers on cars in that area, that is what it is all about.

The US Govt. does not even dignify these measures with a reply. It is all ignored, business as usual.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Oklahoma Declares Soverignty !