Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Miller wire feeder.
- - By harrymand Date 07-23-2008 23:40
Hi. I am a Norwegian that working on the Mexican Gulf. (Mexican side). I am at the start to weld some 3mm floor panels. Due to the problem with heat, I need to use a MIG welder. I found a Miller S-32P onboard. I then connect it to a Miller XMT 304 CC/CV. I got power, but when I swich on the MIG, the wire running and the gas come on. The trigger is not operate. I took the swich out and short-circuit it. Nothing happen. There is no wiring diagram onboard, so I am in trouble. Can anyone give me a hint what the problem is? Is there somwhere I can download a wiring diagram?

Thanks. Harry.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 07-24-2008 04:57 Edited 07-24-2008 04:59
Parent - - By 357max (***) Date 07-24-2008 13:53
Set the XMT in the V-Sense Feeder mode. You will then be in constant voltage weld output. This setting closes the secondary contactor. You have to have arc/open circuit voltage to operate this S32 feeder. There is a voltage sensing/pickup lead/cable with a spring clamp that must be connected to the work circuit. This provides the voltage to operate the feeder.
Parent - By harrymand Date 07-24-2008 20:22
Thanks. I am welding, and the electrician has his diagram! A good day in the heat!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Miller wire feeder.