Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / CAN SOMEONE HELP ME GET WERE TO DO MY INTERNSHIP
- - By sanger Date 07-24-2008 18:22
hi,
I am a weld engineering student.I am looking for where to do my internship for six months.can someone help me out.I don't mind the pay.all i need is to get accepted to work and get experience.

Thank
Parent - By fbrieden (***) Date 07-24-2008 18:37
Your posting lacks a tremendous amount of information!
Parent - By Metarinka (****) Date 07-27-2008 19:42
I got my internship through a welding job I already had. Most of the fellow students I know just cold called companies that where hiring welding engineers and asked if they would take an intern. A few larger companies like Boeing, Bechtel etc have formal internship programs complete with interviews, relocation and housing. I interviewed for Bechtel but they decided after the 2nd round of interviews that they didn't need a welding engineer intern because they didn't have a welding engineer on staff...

Hope that helps, I don't think I can provide too much information, but most people I know just cold called companies that were hiring welding engineers
Parent - By Goose-em (**) Date 07-29-2008 00:47
Sanger,

There are many good internships available but just like a real job they must be researched and applied for.

I have had the same intern for two summers and will be hiring him in the spring when he graduates.

Cat offers internships as does Miller and Lincoln and Terex and Bucyrus and JBL and New Holland and more.

Look them up online and send in an application that is all I can tell you.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / CAN SOMEONE HELP ME GET WERE TO DO MY INTERNSHIP