Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Weld Inspection Training
- - By MICHAEL B (*) Date 07-24-2008 19:43
Hello all,
I am preparing for our annual AISC shop weld inspector's training classes. Problem is this, we have been using the same boring a** class for way too long. It is very helpful and educational to the shop guys, but, after sitting through it time after time after time the guys get bored and don't really pay attention. I don't blame them for that. Does anybody out there have any NEW training methods, ideas, or videos? Anything to make this class more enjoyable and attention grabbing. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

MICHAEL
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 07-24-2008 20:08
Hello MICHAEL B, have you checked the AISC website lately? It's been a while since I have been on it, but I believe they have various links that you could probably use to bring up some different and possibly more interesting ways of getting information across. So you might consider giving that a try. Other than that, you may want to consider using the "old" hands in the shop to give the lessons on some of the things that they have already set through or know and that some of the "newer" hands don't currently know and need to. This approach might promote some comraderie and also make the sessions a bit more interesting. Making these folks feel ownership in what they are doing might keep a bit of the boredom out. Depending on the content of this training this may or may not work in your situation. A few thoughts for consideration. Best regards, aevald
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Weld Inspection Training