Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / career info
- - By Michael Thibodeau Date 07-27-2008 21:26
Hi I my name is Michael and I am new to this site.  I am currently going to PTEC for the welding program.  I am getting a little depressed because of what a lot of the welders are saying about working in florida which is where I live.  I noticed a lot of guys said the first thing he would do is move.  Is this something I should really be thinking about? My teacher has been telling me about all of the work in Crystal river aka levy county at the new power plant they are building.  I guess my question is what are some good steps to take towards a good paying career in welding?
Thanks, Mike
Parent - By Root Pass (***) Date 07-27-2008 21:47
That is right across the street from me.We just started (Friday) to get the letters from the Levy County Building Department on the request for the zoning change. I think it will be awhile before they get started in earnest. As to if you need to move I guess it all depends on how much money you want to make. They don't pay here like they do around those cross country pipe lines but pleanty of people manage to make a living welding in Florida. And you could travel part of the time if you wanted to.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / career info