Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ua math test
- - By and4rik (**) Date 08-15-2008 04:20
Will be taking the math test for the ua apprenticeship program tomorrow.  I am in the 4 month welding class to be certified, but I want to be sure to ace the math test to have extra barganing chips.  I took the review session today, but the teacher said he can't  know whats on the test.  And the other guys retaking the test weren't much help either.  Anyways I figure the review material they gave us is enough
, Fractions, multiply,divide,+,-,  I am wondering if mabey there ar problems dealing w/ Pi or angles etc.  The test is tomorrow at 5 pm.  I figure going to study it any way,  gonna need it right.  Any helpfrom someone who knows would be greatly appreciated.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 08-15-2008 19:09
I can't tell you what's on the test, but I would expect the math for an apprenticeship program to be basic mathematics.

Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, adding and subtracting degrees (for angles), simple geometry, areas, etc. are the types of math I would expect to see.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 08-15-2008 20:16
pythagorean theorem is gonna be a gimmie.  45 deg offsets or finding the Hypotenuse of a triangle using the pathag and trig, but this is just basic so maybe just learn the pathagorean theorem.  You'll probably be asked to use conversion charts and such.  Good luck!!
Parent - By and4rik (**) Date 08-15-2008 20:35
thanks for the ideas figured it wouldnt get to intense with things like cotangents and such, but  we were talking about the set and run and travel in basic word problems.  forgot I bought a couple of pipefitter books before I quit my last job, lucky me.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / ua math test