Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Does anyone know if there is a difference in cert numbers
- - By knj822 Date 08-16-2008 11:47 Edited 08-16-2008 14:33
I was wondering if there is a difference in the certification numbers of those that are CAWI number because the person didn't score high enough for a CWI vs those that scored high enough for a CWI but do not have enough experience yet? 
(like are the ones that end in a 2 the ones that passed but don't have the experience and the 4's didn't pass at the high enough level or is it completely random kind of process).

I hope this makes sense as it was harder to word than I thought it would be!
Parent - - By natecf (*) Date 08-16-2008 12:56
dont know if this helps, but the cwi quickcheck under the services tab on the aws home page spells it out somewhat.
Parent - By knj822 Date 08-16-2008 13:08 Edited 08-16-2008 13:11
Well I know that a last digit of a 2 or 4 is a CAWI but I am trying to find out if there is a way to tell by whether it is a 2 or a 4 if the person has a CAWI number because he doesnt have enough experience yet but got high enough scores for a cwi, or if he passed at the cawi level only.

I guess we can be patient and wait for the info to come in the mail, but patience is not a strong point of mine!  lol!

Thanks for you help though!!!
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Does anyone know if there is a difference in cert numbers