Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Insurance
- - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 08-19-2008 21:07
I am a single hand journeyman and I am wanting to ask what kind of insurance do other single hands have to protect themselves from theft.  The reason I ask is because back in Febuary my truck with all of my tools, clothes ect got stolen out of the hotel parking lot.  I thought I would have been covered between auto and homeowners insurance.  Auto only covered the truck and anything physically attached to the truck; homeowners was to cover everything else but they didn't.  They covered my clothes, cds, dvds, and other misc stuff, said my tools were considered business personal told me to get to paddlin'.  I even asked them what kind of insurance I could get to cover my tool if this were to happen again and they said they didn't know of any.

I asking all of the more experieneced and knowledgable to steer me in the right direction.
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 08-20-2008 01:46
my tools are covered by an INLAND MARINE policy. it is designed to cover tools on the back of your truck. i use farm bureau insurance.I have a policy that covers my welder and hand tools with a $500 deductable. i think its about 600 per year. All major insurance companies sell this kind of policy.
Parent - - By RioCampo (***) Date 08-21-2008 01:57
Shorthoods right. Get a rider policy
Parent - - By TozziWelding (**) Date 08-26-2008 20:49
I have a tool floater policy on top of my general policy, it costs peanuts for what it protects.
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 08-28-2008 05:13
If you're in the Rockies you will be needing some vasoline when you get your insurance. Many major energy companies here require much more than adequate polocies. Be prepared to pay in excess of 6 grand a year.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Insurance