Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Branch test in DFW
- - By phaux (***) Date 08-21-2008 05:47
Been workin as a helper and have learned a good bit lately. Was wondering if anyone around the DFW area would be interested in showing me how to set up and do a branch test? I've seen posts that describe how to weld, but I'm more of a hands on type person.

Chris
Parent - - By phaux (***) Date 08-24-2008 03:24
No one in all of the Dallas/ Ft. Worth or surrounding areas has a few mins to show me how to set up a branch?? Come on, I'll buy ya some beer or sumthin.
Parent - By JohnJohn (**) Date 08-24-2008 05:21
I know a guy thats gonna help me set one up but I need to come up with the pipe first. He's busy on the line right now but when I find some pipe and he finds the time he' gonna help me out. So......... when all that happens I'd be glad to help you out. I know enough about it to be dangerous but want someone more experienced to show me the things I DON'T know before I go taking the test. If your working as a helper maybe you know where to find some pipe at a five finger discount. By the way I like Shiner, or Fat Tire when the cool nights set in.

JohnJohn
Parent - - By thewelder (***) Date 08-24-2008 05:17 Edited 08-24-2008 05:26
HI phaux I'm a pipe welder but not pipeline welder I found some info that it help you to "see" how it looks like on page 26. for any reason it can,t be uploading but you can go the welder store look for a small green book "pipe layout helps from C. L. Hart" its a 5.00 dlls book it help you, look at pgs 26 to 30. hope it helps.
Parent - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 08-24-2008 21:06
Also if you look at billswelderrepair.com they a post on there of what a branch and unlimited test involves.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Branch test in DFW