Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Casper, WY - need to show buddy bellhole - pipeline-test?
- - By leterburn (**) Date 08-30-2008 19:38
Hey guys -
I have a buddy of mine in Casper, WY who's working in shop welding pipe - but he's only done wire bead / lo-hi out (mostly w/ positioners) - I'm in ND and too hooked up to go show him how to and he's kind of stuck there in Casper at the moment. 

Anyone in the neighborhood to help him out?  He's fast learner, hard worker, nice guy and I know if he saw / someone talked him through it for an hour or so past hotpass he'd get it - he's willing to pay going hourly rate - rig welding.  6P+ bead / 70+ cap
Parent - - By tnhnt (***) Date 08-31-2008 03:39
Is there much work up there in North Dakato?
Parent - - By leterburn (**) Date 09-04-2008 01:01
some... but I've got friends who are searching too....... and they've been here a while - I know of couple companies waiting on pipe.  It all depends if you want to work for wages or good money - contract right now I'm getting 90 but there's a lot who aren't even making 55 combined split check.
Parent - - By Idylwyld (*) Date 10-04-2008 13:35
Soon Its going to start to get right nippy up there.  It will get rid of some of your competition. They will migrate south.
Ive got a cap I was given while living in Minot, It says 40 below helps keep the riff raff out.
Parent - By leterburn (**) Date 10-04-2008 13:37
haha.... yep.  I saw my first one heading back to Texas last Friday (week ago) - pushing freezing temps here now.  He had all his goods packed up and heading home.  Motels are thinning out too -
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Casper, WY - need to show buddy bellhole - pipeline-test?