Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / welding machine repair
- - By gavintan Date 08-31-2008 03:21
Hi,
since i dunno where to post this topic, i think i'll post it here again.
I would like to learn to repair welding machines, such as MIG, TIG... but having hard time to get the sources,
any suggestion where i can learn or purchase books on this? or is there any website that i can refer to?
Thanks! hope u guys can help me, i'm really have no directions now.
Parent - - By gavintan Date 09-01-2008 00:01
any 1 can help?
Parent - By snuffman (***) Date 09-18-2008 01:17
Have searched your local are for repair shops, supply houses? If you go there you might be able to find out how they learned or get some advice on a general area to look. Have you tried the internet? If you will find the website for the particular manufacturer, they generaly have manuals on how to trouble check and repair their machines. Your first post is asking about mig and tig machines so a basic knowledge of electrical systems will be a must ( I would think). Hope this helps I wish I could help some more.

P.S. You also can search this site there are several post dealing with these machines. Also look at local trade schools.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / welding machine repair