Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Repair of Cycloid Disc
- - By S Sinha Date 09-26-2001 05:54
We are using a Cyclo Gearbox for one of very Critical Applications. Inside it has a Cyclo Gear Disc made from Bearing Steel. The inside diameter has Rollers of a Special Eccentric type Cylindrical Roller Bearing running against it. This is a hardened surface with 65 Hrc hardness. The inner diameter is damaged and worn. Is it possible to repair this surface by welding or by Chrome plating etc.
Since the surface has to be again hard so that it is not worn easily by Rollers of the Bearing. If any body has any sure method about this I can send further information as Material test reports ,Hardness report , drawing of Disc etc.
My E-mail add : sinha@indopoly.co.th
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 09-26-2001 21:27
You definetely can not repair by welding a surface which is 65 HRC in hardness. Don't try to anneal it either, because eventually you'll end up in a mess. Hard chrome plating is the indicated method. This is a highly specialized job which should be done by a highly specialized firm. I don't know in Thailand, but in Japan, or perhaps in India, there must exist a firm like that.
Here in Brazil there is a most reputable firm capable of doing that. I've worked in several occasions with them and they've always rendered a first class service. If you wish to have a quotation, with no obligation of course, mail me the information material you're talking about. You should indicate also where the damage is, what it consists of and the extent of it.
If interested, send me an e-mail to gscrisi@mackenzie.com.br and I'll give you my postal address.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Repair of Cycloid Disc