Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Bug-O Equipment
- - By Dave (**) Date 10-03-2001 19:21
I would like comments from users of Bug-O equipment, the 6150 shape burning machine in particular, as to durability and ease of use as well as things you like about it and things that could be improved. It seems to be the ideal machine for small and portable shape cutting. I haven't seen any ads for any similar equipment, if they exist, comments on those too would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 10-03-2001 20:42
I can't tell you about the 6150 machine, since we don't have one. I can tell you that we have 2 Uni-bugs, a Stitch welder, a weaver, and several beam bugs. They all have been pretty durable in a fab shop environment and they don't get treated tenderly. We plasma cut, oxy cut, heat straighten, and FCAW weld with the Unibugs so I guess they get the most use. Just make sure the equipment doesn't get hot. I know that sounds like the obvious but everytime a machine goes down it's because someone put a torch ahead of the travel instead of behind it.
My biggest gripe is the cost of replacement parts. And the fact that people don't put parts back where others can find them (but that's not Bug-o's fault).
CHGuilford
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Bug-O Equipment