Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / (UNITOR) WEARMAX-327 Who knows ???????
- - By Jia Wei Date 10-06-2001 14:00
I really don't know what it is, The only information I can told you is:
It is a type of electrode manufacured by UNITOR.

Who can give me a hand?
Parent - By MBSims (****) Date 10-07-2001 05:33
Here's the description I found, but it is not much help:

"WEARMAX-327 Special electrode for joining and overlaying whenever there is wear from wires, chains or organic substances, e.g. worn winch wheels and anchor windlass wheels on anchoring systems. Cargo handling and dredger equipment."

Sounds like a wear resistant material, maybe martensitic stainless or cobalt alloy.

Their website is: http://www.unitor.com/

Their e-mail is: web@unitor.com

This is not much help, but maybe you can contact them and ask what AWS specification and classification the WEARMAX-327 electrode meets.

Marty

Parent - By - Date 10-08-2001 17:20
I did a quick search for "wearmax" at google, and the closest info I could find that could be of possible use to you referred to a clad wearplate that was of a chromium carbide compostion. Also no details, and it is also possible that there is no link between your electrode and the particular wearplate.

Oh yes, there is also a "ceramic based wooden floor coating" with the name of wearmax. A fact that I am certain is fascinating, but totally useless to you!

Regards
Niekie
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / (UNITOR) WEARMAX-327 Who knows ???????