Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Obama in Scandal
- - By js55 (*****) Date 09-18-2008 13:10
Well, well, well. It has been reported just this morning that our esteemed democratic candidate while campaigning overseas, the purpose of which has yet to be understood, actually took the opportunity to circumvent our government by carrying on his own foreign affairs agenda and, as reported by Maliki himself was quoted as saying (paraphrased) there's no point in coming to an agreement with the Bush administration because when I am in office I will render any agreement, as such, null and void. So just hold off, don't sign anythjing and we'll take care of it later.
Now folks, this is at best illegal and at worst treason. But lets see how the Obama spin machine abuses logic to try and explain how Obama is not concerned more about his own campaign than his country.
Or, will this story even see the national air time of say, the Palin Down's Syndrome baby story or McCain's home ownership faux pas. Yumpin yiminy, now those are some real scandals. I guess foreign affairs just ain't got enough of the old National Enquirer factor.
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 09-18-2008 14:33
Quote from obamas book "I will stand with the muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction"
Parent - - By uphill (***) Date 09-19-2008 13:05
Hello,
My wife want to copy that quote, which of his fiction works is that from?
Thanks
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 09-19-2008 14:03
What makes you think its fiction?
Parent - By uphill (***) Date 09-20-2008 03:06
I dont believe its fiction just fictional babblings. Kind of on the order of giving 67 Billion Dollars to the UN so we can SHARE the wealth of the USA. Dont know if anyone deserving would ever see the good or for that matter ever be told the truth.  Not trying to be smartazzed, just tired of all of the 8 year election crap.
Parent - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 09-19-2008 14:13
Audacityof hope, and trust me there are many more questionable comments in both books i just dont wanna type them all
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-19-2008 01:47
i believe he's the next candidate for assanation
Parent - - By RANDER (***) Date 09-19-2008 02:54
Ohh man Shad you thought it was bad already.  Look out your window.......see those black helicopters?    
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-19-2008 02:58
yeah they been here all day did you tell them our plan lmao
Parent - - By RANDER (***) Date 09-19-2008 03:01
Now dont go draggin me into that................................Hold on .....Theres someone at the door.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-19-2008 03:02
it's to late dont answer the door the cia wants to talk to you
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-19-2008 03:08
turn out the lights lay on the floor and shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont make a sound oh yeawrap urself in tinfoil it reflects the infra red monitor good luck
Parent - - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 09-20-2008 17:31
A local DJ for a rock station somehow got his hands on Palins personal cell phone number. He called her up on air and left a message asking for an interview... and also to get hooked up with her daughter.
a few hours later the police and Dept of Homeland Security showed up at the station and yanked him off the air. He spent the night in the DHS building being questioned.
I think he was charged with harrasment of a public offical, or something to that effect.

Granted he was a bit rough about asking to be hooked up with her daughter, but why the heck was the DHS involved? arent they supposed to be watching out for terrorists?
Didnt know that being a wiseaS counted for terrorism these days, guess i better watch what i say a bit more eh comrades?

*ps* try the extra thick AL foil, you know the heavy duity stuff, works good for sealing off the house.
Faraday cages are another good one, those keep the pesky satalites and all of the bugs and cameras from workin right ;)
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-20-2008 17:59
i'm wondering how you know about the thins to detur the devices but not real sure i wanna know but it might be a good idea to know so we can watch out for you lol
Parent - - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 09-20-2008 18:20
i watch too many movies and have wayyy to active of an imagination.
Enemy of the State was a good one. So was Shooter for that matter.
:)
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-20-2008 18:28
do they sell that stuff at wal mar lmao prolly not but i bet ya can get it at radio shack lol
Parent - - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 09-20-2008 18:37
Mabey Tractor supply company or the Home Defect...
"Wally World" might have some of it, Radio Sap would defently have the rest ;)
Theres a bunch of EMF shielding stuff thats out their too, like silver mesh fabrics and foils that block magnetic feilds and such...
the internets an amazing thing :) :) :)
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-20-2008 18:58
you have to much time on your hands lol
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 09-21-2008 03:14
Palins e-mail address was hacked. But more importantly was the fact that she was doing government buisness on a private e-mail account, a move common with many politicians and one used by the white house before.

note that's illegal too

It circumvents the public record meaning we'll never know what they were saying to each other.

Anyways Palin's e-mail address was hacked and the contents of her address book etc leaked, as well as a few e-mails and screenshots of her inbox

I think these are both examples of buisness as usual in washington, this by far wouldn't be the first time I a politician has willfully  gone against the president and intervened in foreign affairs for personal gain.
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 09-21-2008 18:20
Metarinka, you state that it is a FACT that Palin was doing gov. business on a private email account. What proof do you have to back up these claims? So far I have only heard claims and speculation or that the account was hacked to prove that she was guilty of this charge.

There is already an independent investigation into the infamous "tazorgate" (some call it trooper gate) If she is guilty of trying to hide email contents then let the proper authorities find out, not some punk hacker Tennessee democrat state Rep. Mike Kernell's son.
If the situation was reversed it would all be about the invasion of privacy. Where's the outcry from the left?

Palins private account was not leaked out, it was purposely posted to the internet. Personal info about herself and her family. I don't care which way a person votes or leans, that is unacceptable. I would say the same thing if it was Obama or Biden. Let the authorities find if there are wrongdoings.

Your last point:
"I think these are both examples of business as usual in Washington, this by far wouldn't be the first time I a politician has willfully  gone against the president and intervened in foreign affairs for personal gain. "

Comparing Palins possible misuse of email to hide info about her involvement in trying to get a trooper fired who has admitted tazoring a 10 yr old (Palins nephew) alcohol in police car, illegally killing moose, (the only charge that he hasn't admitted to is death threats to Palins father) to Obamas possible undermining our current administrations official foreign policy on such an important matter in Iraq is like straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel.
Parent - - By michael kniolek (***) Date 09-21-2008 23:18
You have it all wrong.....Palin just might be the only one in this race who cannot be pinned with" Business as usual "Ill say this the  Dems are shaking in their 500 dollar shoes right now because this woman can spill the beans on all of them with out fear of them exposing her, if this e-mail account , and the fact that she called for the firing of a man who tazered a child , made death threats and drank in his car (Id have him fired too) is all they have ..... god help them.
we need the McCain palin administration right now, McCain has made a speech with what he would do (details and everything) during this crisis, WHAT HAS OBBAMA DONE OR SAID!!!!!!! He said ill wait and see, and he said that he and McCain should get together to work on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF HE IS GOING TO BE THE PREZ HE CANNOT VOTE LIKE HE DID IN THE SENET (PRESENT) HE CANNOT RIDE THE COAT TAILS OF GREAT MEN!!!!!!!
So go ahead vote obbama destroy the country blame the republicans, but remember who was recieving the most money from the ones who nearly destroyed our econimy it was Dems who feel that eveyone deserves a 300,000 home even if they cant afford it.
Obamma Wants to chop us up and send whats left of this country to the world.....he feels they are just as deserving to have what we have even if it means taking it away from the rest of us!!!!!!
Remember His wife (and we know how a wife can influence a man) is just now within the past fews months proud of the USA, so as she got her edjimication in a fine american university what was it that she was learning????????? my guess is she was learning to hate the very thing that allowed all the opertunity she clearly took advantage of.
MDK
Parent - By Metarinka (****) Date 09-22-2008 21:00
you don't have to worry about me voting for Obama. I don't vote due to personal conviction and wouldn't vote for either candidate in this upcoming election.
I'm not a particular fan of either, and no political party is flawless.

as far as going against the president, or subverting the chain of command the most prominent example I can think of is that of charlie wilson increasing funding for anti soviet activity in afghanistan wihtout due process. Another similar example is that of the stalling of the release of the hostages in Iran until after Jimmy Carter had left office. There are more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my

Yet another example I believe is when speaker of the house Nancy Pelosi went personally to Jordan or Iran? for negotiations even thugh she had no authority to. I'm thoroughly underwhelmed only because politicans have been doing this for decades and have intervened in foreign affairs to futher reputation at home. Does that excuse the action, No.

In terms of Palin her relative obscurity has meant there has been little in the way of mud to be slung, and I'm sure  there are people who are looking as hard as they can.  I said nothing of the firing of a police officer as I'm rather uniniterested in her and haven't paid much attention.  I believe there is a famous quote about the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, which is basically the pretext under which we entered Iraq for WMD's that never appeared. All I'm trying to say is I don't trust politicians on either side of the party anymore than the others.  Buisness as usual means there will always be shady under hand deals be it from republicans or democrats and I believe statistically one side has not proven more corrupt than the other.  Complacency is the ultimate corrupter though
Parent - By shyamal.ghosh Date 09-19-2008 03:18
The Logan Act is a United States federal law that forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments. It was passed in 1799 and last amended in 1994. Violation of the Logan Act is a felony, punishable under federal law with imprisonment of up to three years.

The text of the Act is broad and is addressed at any attempt of a US citizen to conduct foreign relations without authority. However, there is no record of any convictions or even prosecutions under the Logan Act.[1][2]

Passed under the administration of President John Adams, during tension between the U.S. and France, it was informally named for Dr. George Logan of Pennsylvania, a state legislator (and later US Senator) and pacifist who in 1798 engaged in semi-negotiations with France during the Quasi-War.[1]

Kevin Kearney, writing in the Emory Law Journal, described Dr. Logan's activities in France:

Logan Act
ยง 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.
Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 09-23-2008 14:01
So I've been watching for this in the news and have seen nothing...
What's your source?

Tim
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 09-23-2008 17:30
Fox news interviewed, what I was assuming was, an Iraqi National, given his name (don't remember the name offhand) and accent, who had written an article for one of the northeast newspapers (conservative to be sure-for example the Washington Times).
He reported quotes by Obama, which were rather vague to be sure, and also quotes from Maliki, not so vague, that tied into the quotes from Obama.
I'm not surprised that the mainstream has not picked up on this. Why should this election changing information be any different than so much of the other election changing information about Obama that they just don't seem to think is newsworthy.
Although I haven't done it yet, I would guess that some strategic keywords in a Google search would reveal something.
Now granted, this Iraqi National probably has an agenda. Something like maybe the preservation of his nation in the face of a candidate that has repeatedly emphasized how he would ignore the advice of military leadership and pull out of Iraq no matter what, leaving those who supported the coalition and American efforts to be slaughtered by a resurgant Al Qaeda, before they are completely ready to take them on.
Much like we left the Kurds to be slaughtered when we abandoned them for political expediency.
And we wonder why nobody trusts us.
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 09-23-2008 17:53
i searched Obama in Iraq scandal and got some hits, also search just "Obama in scandel and get different hits from other stuff!
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Obama in Scandal