Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Metallurgy / Stainless steel produced in Brazil
- - By grayseal (*) Date 09-19-2008 16:48
We are getting ready to change from 304 ss to 201 ss for the shell section (.074" thick) for tabletop autoclaves designed and produced to ASME Section VIII, Division 1.  Information obtained from these forums has cautioned  using material produced in places such as China and India due to poor quality.  Therefore, I have requested our purchasing department to buy domestic only.  They have informed me that they have a source in Brazil.  Does anyone have experience with material from this country?

grayseal
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 09-19-2008 19:59
Yes, I do. Stainless steel is made in Brazil by Acesita, a subsidiary of Arcelor Mittal, the largest steel producers in the world nowadays.
Acesita has been in business for decades before it was acquired by Arcelor Mittal.
I've used Acesita's material many times in my projects, back in my days of project engineer, and I can tell you that it's a first class material that obeys strictly the standards it's made to.
You can access their site at www.acesita.com.br (don't overlook the .br). It's got an English version that you can read.
If you wish, I can put you into contact with them, it would be easy for me. Warning! I'm a university professor, not a salesman, so I won't get any commission from them. All I wish is to be of service to you, and if you end up buying their material, to be of service to the country that has received me with open arms and given me all the opportunities it gives to its natives (Brazil).
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil

Parent - By grayseal (*) Date 09-22-2008 17:03
G. S. Crisi,

Thanks for the response.  I will visit the web site.

grayseal
Up Topic Welding Industry / Metallurgy / Stainless steel produced in Brazil