Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Require some advice for SCWI
- - By jubail (*) Date 10-10-2001 08:15
[deleted]
Parent - By DGXL (***) Date 10-11-2001 16:13
Study the material recommended by the AWS. The exam has gone through some minor changes since it's inception. It is a 2 part test (at least when I took it 3 years ago), no practical. Very strong on metallurgy, ISO 9000, CR steel properties and advanced testing techniques.

I understand there are less than 200 SCWI's, there are supposed to be almost 30,000 CWI's. GOOD LUCK.

DGXL
SCWI
Parent - By Tejas_Insp Date 12-25-2001 07:14
It probably won't get you anymore money and I never see anyone asking for it. If anything it will probably get you less offers for being over qualified.

Most companies consider a CWI a senior inspector anyway.

If you've got the money go for the API 510, 570 or 653 certs. and forget the CWI.

Look at the http//:www.inspectionjobs.com bbs or the roadwhore and see if what I'm saying isn't the truth. AWS has again disregarded the interest of its members and the others they represent for their own interest.

I've heard that there's a big push going on for certification south of the border and with the open borders we've got with Mexico I look for CWI to go down a lot more.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Require some advice for SCWI