Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Some Random Thoughts for Those Who Take Life Too Seriously
1 2 3 Previous Next  
- - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-23-2008 16:26
Some Random Thoughts for Those Who Take Life Too Seriously

1. Save the whales. Collect the whole set.
2. A day without sunshine is like, night.
3. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
4. I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
5. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
6. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
7. I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
8. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
9. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
10. Honk if you love peace and quiet.
11. Remember half the people you know are below average.
12. Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?
13. Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.
14. Atheism is a non-prophet organisation.
15. He who laughs last thinks slowest.
16. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
17. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
18. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
19. I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
20. I intend to live forever - so far so good.
21. Borrow money from a pessimist - they don't expect it back.
22. If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
23. My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.
24. Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.
25. The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
26. Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-23-2008 16:30
Actual Bumper Stickers

The sex was so good that even the neighbours had a cigarette.

If you smoke after sex, you're doing it too fast.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

WANTED: Meaningful overnight relationship.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

So you're a feminist... Isn't that cute!

Anyone can give up smoking, but it takes a real man to face cancer.

I need someone really bad... are you really bad?

I don't care, I don't have to.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

To all you virgins, thanks for nothing.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

Horn broken, watch for finger.

Work is for people who don't know how to fish.

Jesus loves you... everyone else thinks you're an *******

Life's a buffet... so eat me!

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Keep honking, I'm reloading.

As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.

Hang up and drive.

Laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot.

Snatch a kiss, or vice versa.

I don't have to be dead to donate my organ.

Montana: At least our cows are sane!

God must love stupid people, he made so many.

I said no, to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen.

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Smile, it's the second best thing you can do with your lips

Wink, I'll do the rest!

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off.

Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

According to my calculations the problem doesn't exist.

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 09-23-2008 16:34
You got WAAY too much PAID time on your hands, West. :-)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." I love it. S.W.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-23-2008 18:17
I knew this would draw you out of the woodwork. LOL :-)

jrw159

More to come, BTW.
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 09-23-2008 18:53
:-) You know me well........

I'm gonna have to work real hard to catch up with you. S.W.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-23-2008 18:33
When I was a little boy my mom taught me to wash my hands after peeing. When I got bigger, daddy taught me not to pee on my fingers. :-)

FWIW

jrw159
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 09-23-2008 18:53
Waay too much time. Glad you're getting paid for it! :-) S.W.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-01-2008 15:09
Jacka**
For all of you who occasionally have a really bad day when you just need to take it out on someone!!! Don't take that bad day out on someone you know, take it out on someone you DON'T know!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I was sitting at my desk, when I remembered a phone call I had to make. I found the number and dialed it. A man answered nicely saying, "Hello?"

I politely said, "This is John, may I speak to Robin please?"

Suddenly the phone was slammed down on me! I couldn't believe that anyone could be that rude. I tracked down Robin's correct number and called her. She had transposed the last two digits incorrectly. After I hung up with Robin, I spotted the wrong number still lying there on my desk. I decided to call it again. When the same person once more answered, I yelled "You're a jacka**!" and hung up. Next to his phone number I wrote the word "jacka**," and put it in my desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills, or had a really bad day, I'd call him up. He'd answer, and the I'd yell, "You're a jacka**!" It would always cheer me up.

Later in the year the phone company introduced caller ID. This was a real disappointment for me, I would have to stop calling the jacka**. Then one day I had an idea. I dialed his number, then heard his voice, "Hello." I made up a name. "Hi. This is the sales office of the telephone company and I'm just calling to see if you're familiar with our caller ID program?" He went, "No!" and slammed the phone down. I quickly called him back and said, "That's because you're a jacka**!"

(Keep reading, we're not through with this guy.)

The old lady at the mall really took her time pulling out of the parking space. I didn't think she was ever going to leave. Finally, her car began to move and she started to very slowly back out of the slot. I backed up a little more to give her plenty of room to pull out. Great, I thought, she's finally leaving. All of a sudden this black Camaro came flying up the parking aisle in the wrong direction and pulls into her space. I started honking my horn and yelling, "You can't just do that, Buddy. I was here first!" The guy climbed out of his Camaro completely ignoring me. He walked toward the mall as if he didn't even hear me. I thought to myself, this guy's a jacka**, there sure a lot of jacka**es in this world. I noticed he had a "For Sale" sign in the back window of his car. I wrote down the number. Then I hunted for another place to park.

A couple of days later, I'm at home sitting at my desk. I had just gotten off the phone after calling 555-4863 and yelling, "You're jacka**!" (It's really easy to call him now since I have his number on speed dial.) I noticed the phone number of the guy with the black Camaro lying on my desk and thought I'd better call this guy, too.

After a couple rings someone answered the phone and said, "Hello." I said, "Is this the man with the black Camaro for sale?"

"Yes, it is."

"Can you tell me where I can see it?"

"Yes, I live at 2104 East 34th street. It's a yellow house and the car's parked right out front."

I said, "What's your name?"

"My name is Don H."

"When's a good time to catch you, Don?"

"I'm home in the evenings."

"Listen Don, can I tell you something?"

"Yes,"

"Don, you're a jacka**!" And I slammed the phone down. After I hung up I added Don H's number to my speed dialer.

For a while things seemed to be going better for me. Now when I had a problem I had two jacka**es to call. Then after several months of calling the jacka**es and hanging up on them, it just wasn't as enjoyable as it used to be. I gave the problem some serious thought and came up with a solution.

First, I had my phone dial Jacka** #1. A man answered nicely saying, "Hello." I yelled "You're a jacka**!", but I didn't hang up.

The jacka** said, "Are you still there?"

I said, "Yeah."

He said, "Stop calling me."

I said, "No."

He said, "What's your name, Pal?"

I said, "Don H."

He said "Where do you live?"

"2104 East 34th Street. It's a yellow house and my black Camaro's parked out front."

"I'm coming over right now, Don. You'd better start saying your prayers."

"Yeah, like I'm really scared, Jacka**!" and I hung up.

Then I called Jacka** #2. He answered, "Hello."

I said, "Hello, Jacka**!"

He said, "If I ever find out who you are..."

"You'll what?"

"I'll kick your butt."

"Well, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now Jacka**!" And I hung up.

Then I picked up the phone and called the police. I told them I was at 2104 East 34th Street and that I was going to kill my gay lover as soon as he got home. Another quick call to Channel 13 about the gang war going on down W. 34th Street.

After that I climbed into my car and headed over to 34th Street to watch the whole thing. Glorious! If you want to watch two Jacka**es kicking the crap out of each other in front of 6 squad cars and a police helicopter, I taped it off the evening news. :-)
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 10-01-2008 15:26
WAAY too much time on your hands!!!!!!! :-) hehehe
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-01-2008 15:36
LOL Jacka**!!! :-)

Now watch, someone will start calling people and yelling "Jacka**" and hanging up, and they will think it is me. Oh well, I have a disclaimer!!

jrw159
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-06-2008 02:43
That wasnt you that called me ? Must of been logan
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-24-2008 01:14
lol thats a good idea lmao he would flip lol
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-30-2008 16:30
No wonder the killing is on the uprise, look at the last entry. I would be killing more people as well if those numbers did not change. :-)
Parent - - By sandra Date 10-01-2008 15:45
LMAO..........I'VE GOT TO KEEP THIS IN MIND NEXT TIME I GET ALITTLE UPSET WITH YOU GUYS..........I GOT A FEW JACK***ES I CAN CALL UP.....
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-06-2008 02:45
dont call me i'm not a jacka** a**hole maybe but never a jacka** oh yeah tel ur hubby the 65 is gone i told ya i dont drag my feet
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-08-2008 18:57
Observations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. foot house 4 inches deep.

2. If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.

3. A 5-year-olds voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded Restaurant.

4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42-pound boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20-foot room.

5. You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using the ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

6. The glass in windows (even double pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

7. When you hear the toilet flush and the words "Uh-oh", it's already too late.

8. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9. A six-year-old can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 41-year-old man says they can only do it in the movies. A magnifying glass can start a fire even on an overcast day.

10. Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a five-year-old.

11. Play Dough and Microwave should never be used in the same sentence.

12. Super glue is forever.

13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15. VCR's do not eject PB&J sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.

16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18. You probably do not want to know what that odor is.

19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on. Plastic toys do not like ovens.

20. The fire department in Palatine, IL has a 5-minute response time.

21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy. It will however make cats dizzy.

22. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-14-2008 21:05
I found this story in a "Real life stories" section. I don't know if it is true or not, but it is funny as he**.

Real Life Stories > Irish Bank Robbery

Irish Bank Robbery

Excerpted from an article about a bank robbery which appeared in the Dublin Times (metropolitan edition, page 2A) on 2 March 1999:

Once inside the bank shortly after midnight, their efforts at disabling the internal security system got underway immediately. The robbers, who expected to find one or two large safes filled with cash and valuables, were surprised to see hundreds of smaller safes scattered throughout the bank.

The robbers cracked the first safe's combination, and inside they found Only a bowl of vanilla pudding. As recorded on the bank's audio-tape system, one said, "At least we'll get a bit to eat,"

The robbers opened up a second safe, and it also contained nothing but vanilla pudding. The process continued until all the safes were opened.

They found not one pound sterling, a diamond, or an ounce of gold. Instead, all the safes contained covered bowls of pudding.

Disappointed, the robbers made a quiet exit, each leaving with nothing more than a queasy, uncomfortably full stomach.

The newspaper headline read:

IRELAND'S LARGEST SPERM BANK ROBBED EARLY THIS MORNING.
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 10-14-2008 22:00
BAAAD! :-)

Just bad....... hehehe
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 09-24-2008 03:25
When I was little My parents took Me everywhere, but I always found My way home. :-)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-15-2008 13:51
Take The Bait

It was a cold winter day, when an old man walked out onto a frozen lake, cut a hole in the ice, dropped in his fishing line and began waiting for a fish to bite.

He was there for almost an hour without even a nibble when a young boy walked out onto the ice, cut a hole in the ice not too far from the old man and dropped in his fishing line. It only took about a minute and WHAM! a Largemouth Bass hit his hook and the boy pulled in the fish.

The old man couldn't believe it but figured it was just luck. But, the boy dropped in his line and again within just a few minutes pulled in another one.

This went on and on until finally the old man couldn't take it any more since he hadn't caught a thing all this time.

He went to the boy and said, "Son, I've been here for over an hour without even a nibble. You have been here only a few minutes and have caught about half a dozen fish! How do you do it?"

The boy responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rrarm."

"What was that?" the old man asked.

Again the boy responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rarrm."

"Look," said the old man, "I can't understand a word you are saying."

So, the boy spit into his hand and said, "You have to keep the worms warm!"
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 10-15-2008 16:08
jrw159

Ha Ha.  I loved this!
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-15-2008 16:33
I enjoyed that one too. I shared it with some others here at work, so we all had a chuckle.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-15-2008 17:10
Joe & John,
  Glad I could bring a smile to your faces. :-)

jrw159
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-15-2008 17:19
I'll admit, some of the biggest smiles or smurks were by me when someone would shout out "ew gross, I'm trying to eat lunch over here"....Bwhahahahaha!
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-15-2008 17:28
NICE!!! :-)
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-16-2008 05:34
   Two southern "Good Old Boys" overheard some vacationing Canadians mention something about ice fishing, so they asked where this was done. The following winter they loaded up all their gear and went to the place the Canadians were talking about. When they got there they bought bait, 2 six pacs and 2 ice picks. 2 hours later one of them went back and bought another 2 six packs and the entire stock of ice picks. In another 2 hours the fellow went to thestore for another 2 six packs and asked "have You got anything bigger than an ice pick" The clerk replied Yes We do, how is the fishing going for You guys?" The good old boy responds "Fishing, hell, We don't even have the boat in the water yet."
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-16-2008 07:25
LMAO!!! Nice. :-)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-25-2008 21:00
DIY - Tool Definitions

Hammer

Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate expensive parts not far from the object we are trying to hit.

Mechanics knife

Used to slice through the contents of cardboard cartons; works particularly well on boxes containing newly trimmed seats and other expensive soft furnishings.

Electric drill

Normally used for spinning pop rivets in their holes until you die of old age, but works better when drilling holes in floor pans, particularly above fuel tanks.

Hacksaw

One of a family of tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course the more dismal your future becomes.

Pliers

Used to round off bolt heads and when nothing else is available, excellent for transferring intense welding heat to the palm of your hand

Oxyacetylene Torch

Used almost entirely for setting fire to various flammable objects in the garage or vehicle no matter how much care you took to remove everything beforehand.

Drill press

A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your drink across the garage, splattering it all over that freshly painted part.

Rotary Wire wheel

Cleans rust off old bolts then throws them somewhere under the bench at the speed of light. Also removes flesh in about the time it takes to shout, "Ouc...."

Bolt & Stud extractor

A tool that snaps off in engine blocks and is ten times harder than any known drill bit.

Body filler spatula

Theoretically a useful kitchen tool for spreading mayonnaise in sandwiches which seems to end up spreading filler, but mainly useful for scraping doggy poo off your boots.

Timing light

A stroboscopic instrument excellent for illuminating oil and grease build up.

Hydraulic Engine hoist

A handy tool for testing the tensile strength of earth straps, wiring and throttle linkages.

12" Long Screwdriver

A large prying tool that inexplicably has an accurately machined screwdriver tip on the end without the handle.

Battery Electrolyte Tester

A handy tool for transferring sulphuric acid from the battery across the bodywork into the toolbox after determining that your battery is dead as a doornail, just as you thought.

Inspection Light

The mechanics own tanning booth, it is a good source of Vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin not otherwise found when working under Jaguars. Its main purpose is to consume 40-watt light bulbs at the same rate as 105mm howitzer shells in the Battle of the Bulge. More often dark than light, its name is somewhat misleading.

Phillips Screwdriver

Normally used to stab lids of old oil cans and splash oil all over your shirt, but also to round off Phillips screw heads.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 09-25-2008 21:04
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Did you come up with that yourself??????? :-)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-25-2008 21:18
If by "come up with myself" you mean cut and paste, then yes. LOL :-)

jrw159
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 09-25-2008 21:22
Still....very good.

look at the tricks of the trade page.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-08-2008 18:59
READ THIS BEFORE LOOKING AT THE PICTURE!

You are the chief airplane washer at the company's hangar and you

(1) Hook high pressure hose up to the soap suds machine.

(2) Turn the machine "on".

(3) Receive an important call and have to leave work to go home.

(4) As you depart for home, you yell to Don, your assistant, "Don, turn it off."

(5) Assistant Don thinks he hears, "Don't turn it off." He shrugs, and leaves the area right after you.

(6) Refer to attachment for the results. As with any occupation, make sure personnel have a clear understanding of what you are communicating!

Actually happened! Now see the picture of the consequences.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 10-08-2008 20:11
When did you work at the airport?? :-)
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-08-2008 20:19
Just that one day. :-) That piece of crap Don guy screwed me!!!
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-25-2008 22:23
lmao oh so true everyone of them i loved the body filler spatchula that was great where you been all day
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-01-2008 16:02
WANTED:

A tall well-built woman with good
reputation, who can cook frogs
legs, who appreciates a good fuc-
schia garden, classic music and tal-
king without getting too serious.

But please only read lines 1,3 and 5.
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 10-01-2008 16:08
thats an actual ad I seen, I'll try and post it tonight! (on my home puter)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-13-2008 20:46
Dream Job

Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Person asked the young programmer, "And what starting salary were you looking for?"

The programmer said, "In the neighborhood of $75,000 a year, depending on the benefit's package."

The HR Person said, "Well, what would you say to a package of 5-weeks vacation, 14 paid holidays, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, and a company car leased every 2 years - say, a red Corvette?"

The programmer sat up straight and said, "Wow!!! Are you kidding?"

And the HR Person said, "Certainly, ...but you started it."
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 10-13-2008 23:43
:-) Funny Indeed!!
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-14-2008 00:14
Glad you enjoyed it, I had a little free time on my hands so I thought I would distribute some smile. :-)
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 10-14-2008 00:30
"A little" free time?????????? :-) S.W.
Parent - - By sandra Date 09-23-2008 17:34 Edited 09-23-2008 20:15
[deleted]
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-23-2008 18:18
Deleted???? WTH.

Spill it! :-)
Parent - - By sandra Date 09-23-2008 18:20
[deleted]
Parent - By Jenn (***) Date 09-23-2008 18:42
weird....
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-24-2008 13:53
Things not to say to the Police

1. KISS MY ASS PIG!!

2. I can't reach my license unless you hold my beer.

3. Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.

4. Aren't you the guy from the Village People?

5. Hey, you must've been doin' about 125 mph to keep up with me! Good job!

6. I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a police officer.

7. I was going to be a cop, but I decided to finish high school instead.

8. Bad cop! No donut!

9. You're not gonna check the trunk, are you?

10. Gee, that gut sure doesn't inspire confidence.

11. Wow, you look just like the guy in the picture on my girlfriend's nightstand.

12. Gee, Officer! That's terrific. The last officer only gave me a warning, too!

13. Do you know why you pulled me over? Okay, just so one of us does.

14. I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there is no other car around-that's how far ahead of me they are.

15. What do you mean, "Have I been drinking?" You're the trained specialist.

16. Well, when I reached down to pick up my bag of crack, my gun fell off my lap and got lodged between the brake pedal and the gas pedal,
forcing me to speed out of control.

17. Hey, is that a 9 mm? That's nothing compared to this .44 magnum.

18. Hey, can you give me another one of those full cavity searches?

19. No, YOU assume the position.

20. I'm surprised you stopped me, Dunkin Donuts has a 3 for 1 special!

21. If I bend over, will I still get a ticket?

22. No, offi, offic, Lucifer . . . I'm not as think you are drunk I am. I swear to dog.

23. No, I don't know how fast I was going. The little needle stops at 110 mph.

24. Back off, Barney, I've got a piece.

25. But officer, I've got 2 different drivers licenses from 2 different states! Pick 1...

26. I know I was weaving, but I was trying to hit all the little green men!

27. On the way to the station let's get a six pack, and don't forget the cig's.

28. You'll never get those cuffs on me, you homo!

29. Come on write the damn ticket, the bars close in 20 minutes!

30. Hey, wasn't your daughter a porn queen?

31. How long is this going to take? Your wife is expecting me.

32. So that's what those yellow flashing lights in the school zone means.

33. What do you use those rubber gloves for, anyway?
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 09-25-2008 21:05
:-) :-) :-)
Parent - - By Jenn (***) Date 09-23-2008 17:59
I like the one that says:

I love cats - they taste JUST like chicken!

Or mine on my car....

VISUALLY IMPAIRED

:)
Parent - By darren (***) Date 09-27-2008 06:06
i love cats...i just can't eat  whole one
Parent - - By Jenn (***) Date 09-23-2008 17:56
West,

These are hillarious.... a patient caught me laughing at these... stop getting me in trouble!!! :)

Jenn
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Some Random Thoughts for Those Who Take Life Too Seriously
1 2 3 Previous Next