Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / AN AWS CERTIFIED TESTING FACILITY
- - By RONALD HANCOCK (*) Date 10-11-2001 20:01
WOULD SOMEONE AT AWS HEADQUATERS PLEASE SEND ME THE REQUIREMENTS FOR BECOMING AN AWS CERTIFIED TESTING FACILITY

IF ANYONE HAS THEIR SCHOOL SET UP AS SUCH LET ME KNOW IF IT'S WORTH THE MONEY , TIME AND EFFORT.

I HOPE I HAVE EVERYTHING SPELLED CORRECTLY WITH THE COMMENTS I RECEIVED FROM MY REQUEST FOR A SPELL CHECKER

Parent - By don (**) Date 10-22-2001 01:25
A couple of questions?
What is your goal? Testing to certify students, wanting to test welders in industry, testing for businesses? Structural, high pressure ?
It is fairly expensive in comparison to having someone do the testing for you if you are only looking at a few students per semester.
The info from AWS is easily ordered, just give them a buzz.
Other options include; contacting local businesses and seeing if they would be willing to share in the cost. Also, often your local welders union will have a portable testing lab which you can use. Just some thougths.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / AN AWS CERTIFIED TESTING FACILITY