Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Rectifier/Transformer...can somebody solve this?
- - By JAYDESAI (*) Date 10-05-2008 12:23
Dear Friends,
I tried welding with E6013, stick Dia 3.15mm on MS sheet 4mm-Fillet Joint. I have taken so many trials by welding a complete electrode, but the problem is, the slag peels off very smoothly just 60% of the total seam length. Last 40% slag peel off becomes a great task, and much time consuming. Weld finish also deteriorates of that 40% area.
The machine I am using is a Rectifier. I have checked the physical Current and Voltage output by a tong taster, which shows perfect. Is it a problem with the electrode? If so, how the first 60% of welded result is good? May be electrode overheats? But the current I had set were minimum, i.e. starting from 90 Amps, I tried upto 150 Amps. Polarity specified by manufacturer of electrode is DCEN. But I tried the both, and the result is same.

Interestingly, the same electrode when welded by a transformer, does not create this problem.

Can anyone be a guide to me please?
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 10-05-2008 22:42
You should get better results welding with AC when using the E6013 electrode.

You may also be overheating the rod as you suggest, by try AC before trying anything else.

Best regards - Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Rectifier/Transformer...can somebody solve this?