Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Had to sweep the floors
- - By Sberry (***) Date 10-06-2008 22:27
It was getting to be a slippery pit.
Attachment: weldingbay.JPG (0B)
Attachment: weldbooth3.JPG (0B)
Parent - By fbrieden (***) Date 10-07-2008 12:24
Nice crib!
Parent - - By Jenn (***) Date 10-07-2008 13:17
Jenn approves your cleaning job -  and nice set up :)
Parent - - By Sberry (***) Date 10-07-2008 15:01 Edited 10-07-2008 15:11
Here is the building. I have another one slightly larger dedicated to equipment storage. I also turned the basement of an old house into storage for the stuff that is too good to toss but dont want kicking around the shop.
Attachment: shopfront.JPG (0B)
Attachment: shopside.JPG (0B)
Attachment: basementCary.JPG (0B)
Attachment: basementCary2.JPG (0B)
Parent - - By Sberry (***) Date 10-07-2008 15:15
I was looking for a couple more interior shots.
Attachment: castleandoffice.JPG (0B)
Attachment: bench3a.jpg (0B)
Attachment: largesteelrack.JPG (0B)
Attachment: Largesteelrack2.JPG (0B)
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 10-07-2008 19:59
please tell me that door to nowhere is locked or otherwise not openable...

nice shops
Parent - - By Sberry (***) Date 10-07-2008 22:43
Yes, the door is locked. I never got around to the elevator for the side, that was to forklift furniture up there. The ladder was useful, I let my dates go first, got a chance to check the goods. Below link is a useful setup in the mechanic bay.
Attachment: sinkP.JPG (0B)
Attachment: paintboothend2.JPG (0B)
Attachment: paintboothdown.JPG (0B)
Attachment: paintboothlit.JPG (0B)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-07-2008 22:54
Nice pics all around. Although, like metarinka, I noticed the door on the left and hoped it was "unopenable" and looked to the right and smiled because at least there was an "egress" of sorts (I think thats what it's called). LOL

http://aolsvc.merriam-webster.aol.com/dictionary/egress

And I can sure relate to entering the office that way with certain clientel. :-)

jrw159
Parent - - By Sberry (***) Date 10-08-2008 01:40
I lived there for close to 15 years. It was more than sufficient, should have remodeled it and super insulated it along the way but it served its purpose especially when I was busy and worked well to have it all under one roof. I heat the shop with wood and have gas in the office. Downstairs office has a general bathroom/laundry with kitchenette and my office. Upstairs has bathroom/shower and general living room/ bedroom. It was meant to be convenient while I was building some stuff, one day led to the next and it worked so well I never left it until I married.
Attachment: officechair.JPG (0B)
Parent - By Sberry (***) Date 10-08-2008 02:22
My shop is simple, I got what I need but trimmed the stuff I didn't use, collected the things I did. Don't have machine tools or heavy iron working. I have friends and other reasonable sources and I am such a shortcut artist that it isn't worth the effort. The place is really well tuned to the style of work it does. 90% of the utilities are under the floor. I got a tons of hand tools and air stuff. I really don't need anything real fancy, I could think of a couple that would pay there way if a guy had some extra but I make do. My main next thing that eats my lunch is the lack of a auto hoist. Coming soon.
    Since this is welding forum I have 6 machines. 300 synch, mostly collects dust, HH210 with gun, Sp170t and a 250 class feeder and the trusty AC/DC buzzer which does the stick duty. 2050 plasma. All the wire in this place is short circuit, so light and general and most out of position, very minor amount of welding, often but minor and simple. Handiness is the main factor, kind of like pit stop.
  One of the biggest technological things to come along has been the battery drills and tools especially the new ones, drilling, sawing and impacting. The stuff has come of age, I could stand to dump another 1500 into that and it would come back. So worth it we have 4 drills, 2 impacts, sawzall which I could use another, the lights are priceless. We do stuff with the drills that just wouldn't have occurred to us 10 yrs ago.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-08-2008 03:46
Nice shop.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Had to sweep the floors