Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / building my first welding bed newpics
1 2 3 4 Previous Next  
- - By JPWHITTON (**) Date 10-09-2008 00:58 Edited 10-09-2008 01:47
took some new pics of my bed. I still have to put my boxes in and some other stuff
Parent - By robgreg1978 (**) Date 10-09-2008 01:18
Looks good. Can't wait to see it on a truck with a welding machine running..
Parent - - By DJN87 (*) Date 10-09-2008 01:58
looks good i like the step instead of the hole for the welder what you goin to put on it.
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 10-09-2008 02:32
That is the way I did mine, with the step down, I like it because I can any welding machine of mine on it with no problems and still get to keep it low profile
Parent - - By JPWHITTON (**) Date 10-10-2008 02:26
I still have to buy one probaly going to be a redface.
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 10-10-2008 02:51
Yeah I built mine that way so I could put either my vantage or my SA-250 on there in just a few minutes I can switch them out.
Parent - - By JPWHITTON (**) Date 10-10-2008 03:01
im sure glad i got that suitcase saveing me some time on the welding
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 10-10-2008 03:43
yeah, you do have a lot of welding
Parent - By JPWHITTON (**) Date 10-11-2008 02:12
yeah nothing is rolled every thing is a corner
Parent - - By robgreg1978 (**) Date 10-09-2008 22:35 Edited 10-09-2008 23:00
heres a few pic of the bed, Jay. You was right it don't take long. got about 8 hrs in it so far. About a hundred more and i should be close.

img src="http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/3251/gregsweldingbed006cv3.jpg"

img src="[url=http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1924/gregsweldingbed003wt8.jpg][url=[

http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gregsweldingbed004rk7.jpg
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 10-10-2008 01:02
Is that bed goin on the mega cab in the pic?
Parent - - By robgreg1978 (**) Date 10-10-2008 01:26
yea it is going on the megacab. Is there many rig trucks out there megacab style. I would like to have the long bed, but I already have the mega cab.
Parent - By JPWHITTON (**) Date 10-10-2008 01:38
Greg you going to work on it sunday
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 10-10-2008 02:49
Not at all I seen one more on here, not sure which which post topic its been a while
Parent - By K.Sexton26 (**) Date 10-10-2008 07:16
no theres not alot of guys that run mega cabs just for the fact of the bed being so short there not alotta room, i know two guys that tryed the mega cab one of them had to extend his bed and still didnt like it, they both traded back to regular cabs, pipeliners want there rigs to be as compact as possible for working on congested ROWs but you have to have suffiecent space on the bed thats why guys run regular cabs they got just the right amount of bed space and the overall truck length is shorter than ex cabsor 4 door trucks
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 10-10-2008 02:56
Are you goin to make a drop down cut out for the machine, it looks like you used 6" channel on the frame/
Parent - By robgreg1978 (**) Date 10-10-2008 10:20
yea I will prolly work on it sunday to .
Parent - By robgreg1978 (**) Date 10-10-2008 10:21
texwelder, yea i would like to sink the machine. we will see later down the road.
Parent - - By K.Sexton26 (**) Date 10-10-2008 07:19
how are you going to fit your bottles and the welder on the bed looks like its going to be a tight fit there
Parent - - By robgreg1978 (**) Date 10-10-2008 10:22
Thinking about standing both bottles up at the end of the welding machine.
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 10-11-2008 02:35
Where are you located?
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-11-2008 03:16 Edited 10-15-2008 18:41
yippeeeeeeee, another unqualified welder with a well qualified truck........yipeeeeeeeeeeee. cant wait for him to hit my barnyard............................

Yep, you all hate me. I was drinkin when I replied initially, but now it's on.
Parent - - By K.Sexton26 (**) Date 10-11-2008 06:24
sourdough, do you know the gentleman your refering to personaly. just because this is his first rig doesnt mean he isn't a jam up welder. a good welder is a good welder rig or no rig, whos to say your a good welder? i guess you drove your rig out of the womb and onto the north slope stinger in hand
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 10-11-2008 10:10
good one lol !
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-11-2008 12:29
I agree ! I just happen to have one BAD AS* RIG. I sure hope I'm good enough. Also, I have a kid working for me as a Tank Piping Forman. This is his very first rig job. He was put in his position after 2 weeks. He is one of the best I've seen up next to Rick Harnsih (who is on here) I would put those to guys up against anyone, anytime , anywhere...........BAR NONE. I am sure there are others just as good. It just so happens that in my 25+ years in this trade I havent met them yet.
Parent - - By K.Sexton26 (**) Date 10-11-2008 18:53
I know theres hacks out there, and they will be a learning curve for people switching into different fields of welding but if a man is expierianced and seasoned they he can take that curve head on.
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 10-11-2008 19:02
Thats right, we all started out somewhere, would sourdough say the same thing if  he was plumber, electrician
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 10-16-2008 14:02 Edited 10-17-2008 14:31
I feel like I am always in a curve !
Parent - By 65 Pipeliner (**) Date 10-16-2008 21:58
There's something other than a curve?
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 10-17-2008 03:21
a curve i wish i could get the curve back i'm tired of going in circles
Parent - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 10-12-2008 01:40
post some pics of your yard in brady,,,,cactus!
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-15-2008 18:44
Good response K.
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 10-11-2008 10:09
Hope your not refering to me
Parent - - By JTMcC (***) Date 10-11-2008 20:41
wow. The ability to determine a welder is "unqualified" simply by reading a post......now that's an amazing physic talent. You should work for miss cleo.

The guys building a real welding bed. That's a good thing considering the number of people on this site that "buy" welding beds. And didn't you used to post pictures of your truck on the internet?? That pickup with a utility bed and 2 cylinder air cooled welding machine??

Come on dude, a UTILITY bed? That's just plain embarassing. And then to bad mouth someone you don't know for building a real bed.

If you feel the need to constantly cry on the web about competition, maybe you should get a job working for someone else. Competition is a given in a free society, it's a good thing. It will never go away.

Didn't you throw a little hissy fit several months ago and boycott this site saying you'd never come back?  LOL.

JTMcC.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-11-2008 21:20
To JTMcC & Okie Welder  Sourdough as usual is crying about people going into a business or trade for themselves. He feels only he is qualified to be in this trade and everyone else is a no account hack.  For this he resorts to namecalling & insults.  As I have stated before the only thing I can't figure out is if 70% or 80% of what he spouts is B.S. And yes he said he wasn't coming back to this site anymore again more B.S.            P.S. GO STEELERS AND PENS
Parent - - By okiewelder2 (**) Date 10-12-2008 00:17
im so tired of sourdough he thinks he is gods gift to welders. and congrats to jp on building his first bed looks great cant wait to see the final project.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-15-2008 18:49
okiewelder, guess it's the same ol, huh? A guy gets in a fight, and the next thing you know he's fighting the friend, the brother, the cousin and so on and so forth........

I do my fighting 1 on 1. Never did tolerate the other, but then there are cowards everywhere you look............
Parent - - By okiewelder2 (**) Date 10-16-2008 01:30
im not fighting with u im just stating my opinion your a negative person who complains about everything
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 10-16-2008 02:05
To OkieWelder2    Sour reminds me of the typical guy you unfortunately run into at the local bar he comes ROARING in complaining how unfair life is to him not knowing why? ( because he's the best at anything he does or has) after a few drinks he wants to fight the biggest guy there and of course gets layed out, put down, or thrown out. best advice is leave or try to ignore him. sometimes it's best just not to go in.        P.S.GO STEELERS AND PENS
Parent - By okiewelder2 (**) Date 10-17-2008 01:08
yea i know but sometimes its hard to ignore him because he is the kinda guy who gives welders a bad name
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 10-16-2008 04:18
   A welder dies and goes to heaven. St Peter is showing Him around and asks what He did for a living.

I was a welder He replies.

St Peter says well look over there, that is where the welders hang out.

Why yes, I recognize Chuck Meadows working on that stainless thing, but who is that guy over there with that dented up Ranger 305D?

St Peter says "That is God, He thinks He is Sourdough"
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 10-16-2008 10:39
Good one ! LOL!
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-16-2008 15:38
That is a great one Dave.............I even chuckled. Good to know I can still shake it up once in a while. Just sitting here with a pint of southern comfort and a bad back.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 10-16-2008 19:52
On the eighth day.....God created Sourdough...:-) :-)

Everybody's gotta get a little crazy once in awhile. :-)
Parent - By SMTatham (**) Date 10-16-2008 20:29
I agree...........crazy is fine every now and again...............contradicting previously made DOGMATIC (with pics) statements on the web is beyond crazy.
Parent - By okiewelder2 (**) Date 10-17-2008 00:50
lol
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-15-2008 18:43
Smooth operator.........you must be the hack that I refer to!

Someone who never had another kid beat you down on account of your mouth..............
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 10-12-2008 04:06
I gotta say, John. I don't always agree with your way of coming across, but you hit the nail RIGHT on the head with this one.

Can't dog someone you really know nothing about. Or judge them as incompetent for that matter.

Really good point.

S.W.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 10-15-2008 18:40
JTMcC,

Blowin out your hynie arent you? Who has a utility bed?

Not me.......

Who has a 2 cylinder air cooled machine?

Not me........

Now, as for working for someone else. Ive done that before, they ALL screwed me. You seem like the type that would think of another phrase for it than "non payment, back stabbing, sugar in the tank, undercutting, or gouging " Maybe you would call it "just business", or something rediculous, and justifiable like that. That's what most people think these days.They think that they can dish it out as much as they want, but nothing will ever come of it. But when someone busts you in the mouth for being a scumbag, you can call the cops and sue. Your all the same. People like you should have been beat with a belt when you screwed up as a kid, or thrown in the pokey for being a scumbag. Instead you are the living reason why America isn't as free as it should be. I seem to remember someone mentioning the word punk. Isn't it funny how we all see things so drastically different?

Why shouldn't I be this way towards other welders? I've seen them come in my back yard and crap for years and years. None of them are from here. They all throw their garbage out the window when they leave! They make it tough on us local boys. Tough enough that we feel it. How would you like it if I came to your town, cut rates, cut throats, did shoddy work, then collected my invoices and hauled a** home? You wouldn't like it one bit! You would hate it!!

Now as for your lies on this website...............why don't you back it up?

Utility bed, air cooled machine......what gives? Where'd you even get that crap?
Parent - - By JTMcC (***) Date 10-15-2008 19:07
So this isn't you? Maybe another sourdough, living in CO, looking for work on the internet trying to hire out with their riglette??

http://www.workpad.com/index_thread.aspx?ObjectID=21181

Must be that other sourdough welding on rigs in CO.

You won't run into me bud, I don't hook up wells or weld on drill rigs. And I'm pretty sure my rates are higher than yours, so have no fear of me cutting your rate.

You still ought to work for miss cleo, you'r psycic powers are strong. Quite a skill set you have there, you'll go far I'm sure : )

JTMcC.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / building my first welding bed newpics
1 2 3 4 Previous Next