Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / cwi study materials
- - By mastermetal (*) Date 10-10-2008 19:55
I am interested in getting my CWI.  I understand I need materials that I should read and study before hand. Is there a list somewhere of these materials. I looked around AWS sight but didnt see anything, might have missed it. Any help would be great.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-10-2008 22:16
The first place to start would be to go to the AWS web site and get the free downloads of AWS QC1:2007 (Standard for AWS Certification of Welding Inspectors) and AWS B5.1:2003 (Specification for the Qualification of Welding Inspectors) and read through them completely to see if you are qualified by years of education to years of experience along with your type of work background.

In the meantime, if you are interested, I will compose a list.  But I believe you can find one within all the paperwork of the download for the application for the seminar and test week.

Have a great day,  Brent
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-10-2008 22:25
Also, any of the books that are given to you as part of the seminar week and included in the price of the seminar, DON'T WAIT!!

Buy them, study them, go through the questions forwards and backwards.  Then keep them for reference or give one set (after you get the ones at the test) to someone else.  I gave my second set to my oldest son who works as my shop foreman and we go through them a little every morning before we start work.

Worth it to end up with two sets.  Give one to your local college even.  My two cents worth having just taken the test in June.

Have a great day, Brent
Parent - By mastermetal (*) Date 10-10-2008 23:30
Thanks so much. I am on it.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-10-2008 23:50
Mastermetal,
  Do a search of this forum for your header, cwi study materials, and you will find the list of suggested study material as well as an abundance of valuable input.

Best of luck,
jrw159
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / cwi study materials