Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / The News Media vs The Truth...
- - By TimGary (****) Date 10-23-2008 21:07
I found this article by Orson Scott Card revealing.

http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2008-10-05-1.html

Tim Gary
Parent - By kipman (***) Date 10-23-2008 21:33
Yeah, Tim, it's amazing.  I've seen various things on this before, but it required that I dig around on the internet.  I for one feel that this is proof positive of the extreme bias of most US media outlets, which is scandalous and shameful.
Mankenberg
Parent - - By NEQA (**) Date 10-23-2008 23:00
Interesting, but then again what would you expect from a very conservative weekly paper in a traditionally red state that Obama will probably win this year? You'll note the following:

"As Thomas Sowell points out in a TownHall.com essay entitled Do Facts Matter? "Alan Greenspan warned them four years ago. So did the Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers to the President. So did Bush's Secretary of the Treasury."

Mmmmm.....4 years ago. Who was in the White House 4 years ago? Which party had the majority in the House and the Senate 4 years ago?

In 12 days the voters will tell us who they blame.
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 10-24-2008 12:39
NEQA,

Do you deny that the news media is extremely biased toward the democratic party, and has been trying to steer multiple elections that way for years?

Tim
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 10-24-2008 12:53
IMO the news outlets are a bit biased.  Newspapers have done it for years.  They support on candidate over others.  I think that is just the position of the owners coming down the pipe.  Me being the Liberal/Social Dem that I am, I prefer MSNBC.  If you want conservatism watch Fox.  Glenn Beck is moving to that network this Spring from what I understand.  CNN seems to be the most balanced of them all.
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 10-24-2008 12:58
You're right Byron.

I should adjust my comment to "the majority of the news media".

Tim
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 10-24-2008 14:51
Byron, maybe similar political category, but I definately agree.  Our news channels DEFINATELY suck to say the very least... they are twisted to one side (or the other) and tend to be, in my opinion, censored in many regards.  Sorry Fellow Forum Conservatives!  Just stating an opinion.
Parent - - By NEQA (**) Date 10-24-2008 14:29 Edited 10-24-2008 15:53
Yes, I deny that. The media does not have to steer voters to the democratic party - people like Dennis Hastert, Newt Gingrich, John Beinher, Phil Gramm, George Bush, Michelle Bachmann, etc., do that without any help.

I see Obama, Hillary, Frank, and other dems. interviewed by O'Reilly and Hannity on FOX - why doesn't Palin agree to be interviewed on Meet The Press or Hardball?
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 10-24-2008 17:55
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

IMHO, Palin's, and her handler's choice to restrict media interviews is pretty smart.
It's kind of like a politician traveling and knocking on doors to ask for votes.
If she comes to a yard being guarded by a snarling attack dog, she'll have the sense not to go into the media's, or I mean the dog's yard. She'll find a better way to get the vote.

As far as VP's go, what do you think about Biden?

Tim
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 10-24-2008 18:22
I've always liked Biden.  I thought that he should've been president years ago.  He's a little rough around the edges but I think Palin looks much hotter.
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 10-26-2008 05:14 Edited 10-26-2008 05:26
NEQA, Obama went on O'Reilly but will never go on Hannity. Obama has, however negatively referenced Hannity several times.

It was nice to see somebody ask Obama a tough question and watch him squirm. But O'Reilly didn't go far enough considering no one in the mainstream media will ask the hard questions. Some did during the primaries (for Hillaries sake) but not during the general election.

Obama knows that Hannity will ask the hard questions and will not let Obama lie his way out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKmbmI7HAdA

Why would Palin go on Hardball?
Chris Matthews says when Obama speaks he gets a furrowing up his legs. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m9Gbb6NSwM )  {at the 0.44 second }

I get a crawling sensation when I hear him speak too. Especially the spreading the wealth and disarmament of America stuff.
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 10-24-2008 20:50
Here's a media type personality I can get on board with!
Let's vote for Dave Ramsey...

http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/newsletters/company/102408.cfm?ectid=cnl0810.3_06#1

Tim
Parent - - By NEQA (**) Date 10-24-2008 22:29
Ramsey, eh? You might find this site interesting

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/

and do a search on "Dave Ramsey". This is an interesting forum with a lot of various opinions. It's not a politically oriented forum, strictly financial. In fact, if you post anything political, it'll be deleted. I, for one, am not a Ramsey enthusiast.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-25-2008 01:52
NEQA,
   "It's not a politically oriented forum, strictly financial. In fact, if you post anything political, it'll be deleted."

What a bunch of crap that statement is. Are you serious?

You have many posts that contain political views, and they have not been deleted. AND you are not alone, there are many politicaly based posts, comments and reply's that are here for everyone to view.

There is such a thing as freedom of speech, and it does hold its own if one uses it to its fullest intent.

jrw159
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 10-25-2008 03:15
Easy there jrw, I think he's talking about the link to the forum site he posted. :)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 10-25-2008 03:20
Was it deleted? :-) Just asking, because if it was, there must have been more wrong with it than just political issues,IMHO, of course.

Maybe I missed something? It would not be the first time. LOL

jrw159
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 10-25-2008 03:24

> Was it deleted?

was what deleted?

not sure if were on the same page,LOL
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / The News Media vs The Truth...