Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / cwi test question
- - By stuzhotwire (*) Date 10-30-2008 13:18
Going in for the exam.  Question is how much emphasis is placed on the Design of Welded Connections of D1.1?  Is it considered as important as the other sections for a cwi?
Appreciate your imput.
Parent - By flamin (**) Date 10-30-2008 13:31 Edited 10-30-2008 14:18
stuzhotwire-

Every test it slightly different, so it can vary from one test to the next. Your instructor should give you a hand out that lists the number of questions devoted to each section. And that will give you an idea of what material is going to affect you score the most. Although I took the seminar/test, so if you are taking only the test, I'm not sure if the same hand out is given out. I know that really doesn't help. There really is no easy way around it, you just need to study, study study.

Jason
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 10-30-2008 14:47
Hot Wire.

Welcome to the forum!

The questions in the area you are conserned about will likely be few... It's also a thin section :)

Remember.... If the question references design..... find the key word or words from that question in the index.. The index often has links to several sections.. go first to the index links in the section that most logically associate with the question.

For example;
If the question mentions welder performance qualification, pick the key term and find it in the index... Now the index may have links to several/many sections.. But since Welder performance is the key, you begin there *section 4* . (keeping in mind that footnotes must be addressed if they apply, may lead you elsewhere)
Parent - By Ke1thk (**) Date 10-31-2008 12:37 Edited 10-31-2008 12:40
I've re-certified within the last six months.  To me, the topics are grouped together.  For example, there might be as few as two separate questions regarding your topic, or there might be six linked questions.  Linked, as in if you don't know the answer to the first question, you won't be able to answer any of the others.  The math problems seem to me to be linked, or grouped together.  Good luck.
Parent - - By willbergj (**) Date 11-04-2008 17:48
i assume you took the test on saturday?
do you think you did ok?
i am scheduled to take the d1.1 on nov. 23.

jason
Parent - By stuzhotwire (*) Date 12-10-2008 18:00
Will
I postponed my test to ready myself a bit more.  Planning on rescheduling in Jan 09
I see you took your test already, how was it?
hotwire
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / cwi test question