Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Safety / Good safety moment video
- - By kipman (***) Date 10-31-2008 16:11
This site has a good video that would work well for a safety meeting or moment.  It is about 12 minutes in length.
http://www.harsco.com/about/video/safety/index.html
Mankenberg
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-31-2008 17:00
Thanks Kip, that was good...stresses some very good points.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 10-31-2008 17:50
Hello Kip, that was a really excellent and forthwright look at the true dangers of ignoring or becoming complacent with safety. Thanks very much for including that here for everyone. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-25-2008 22:01
That well well worth the twelve minutes it took to watch.

Cell phones, what can I say. I don't own one and I would run off anyone that used one on my job if he/she was an employee.

I've been on jobs where an entire raising gang stood by while a connector took a call from his girlfriend to argue about where they were going out to eat dinner. He and she would have plenty of time to discuss that point if he worked (past tense) for me.

I saw one lady on the interstate, taking an exit while she did her lipstick looking in the rearview mirror, talked on the cell phone and held a cup of coffee(?). I wanted to know if she had a third hand that I couldn't see that was steering the van!

Not that the cell phone was the entire point of the video!

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By HgTX (***) Date 12-16-2009 22:38
Thanks!  I just showed this today and our management wants to pass it on to all our field offices.

Hg
Parent - By rodofgod (**) Date 12-24-2009 20:47
That is an excellent video and I shall be showing to our safety team after the Xmas break!

Regards
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Safety / Good safety moment video