Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Quoting a robotic weld cell
- - By noswal Date 11-09-2001 16:33
The goal is to obtain info (ball park), which will give me an idea of a good "equation" to calculate for quoting purposes.

So....

If there is a way to calcualte a total cycle time on a robotic weld cell by adding up:
1. The time to get from home position to the frist weld.
2. The amount of time it takes to start the arc
3. A conservative average weld travekl speed.
4. The amount of time it takes to stop the arc and travel to the next weld.
5. (repeat 2-5 as neccessary)
6. The amount of time to return to the home position.
7. Any other factors that would increase the overall cycle time.
8. Adjusting the final cycle time for maintenance, spool changes, unscheduled downtime, etc.

Also....

I would need to be able to determine how much cost there is in consuambles:

1. Gas
2. Wire
3. Life cycle of guns, power supplies, sensors?
4. Electrical?
5. Heat loss/gain?
6. Approximate annual unexpected/catastrophic repairs.

Also...

Is there a factor we would use as scrap rate?

1. Weld inspection
2. Rejected weld frequency
3. Set up parts

I'm not trying to make this harder than it really needs to be; many of the numbers should just be "in the ball park" and some aren't even worth considering. If I've forgotten anything, please include it.

Thanks Noswal
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-09-2001 18:29
Noswal,

Thats alot of info.

Ed Craig at http://weldreality.com/ is a man that can be of trementous benefit to you. Either by way of his textbooks or personal assistance as a consultant. He has saved $millions$ for some of the industries heavy hitters by makeing process control *simple* rather than more complicated. This is especially true for robotic cells. Mr. Craig holds no loyalty to a particular vendor so you will recieve a refreshing outlook on powersources and gasses. I have listened to him lecture personally and believe he can make a contribution to many operations before or after capital purchases are made.

Just the website itself provides an astounding amount of free information on cost analysis, Mig and Flux core data, real world application success stories and consumables. Anybody from apprentice to journyman can benefit from exposure to this stuff.

Good Luck

Lawrence
Parent - By DGXL (***) Date 11-10-2001 00:28
Why not try Lincoln, Miller, Hobart, etc.? I believe they may have some specific information your looking for.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Quoting a robotic weld cell