Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / bailout money used for bonuses
- - By hogan (****) Date 11-11-2008 18:07
So the money we gave for the bailout is going for bonuses?

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1853846,00.html?imw=Y
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 11-11-2008 18:33
Welcome to deregulated business.  Its time to nip this sh** in the bud.  Instead of "giving" money to bail these wankers out, Uncle Sam needs to invest in and put regulations in to stop all the pi**ing off of tax money. 

If you go to work and screw everything up are you going to get a bonus.  Nope, you're gonna get axed.  Maybe I should go to Wall Street and work.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-11-2008 19:08
Sadly,

It is regulations installed during the administrations of (Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2) that *required* lenders to give **equal** access to loan money... Read lend to people who are not able to pay.  Mortguage houses were literally forced to make these unwise loans.

So regulation is a double edged sword.

Better to let poor performers die, or live, dependent on their wisdom in a free market.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 11-11-2008 19:11
Lawrence is dead on. Imagine politicians imposing politically motivated regulations. Who'd a thunk it???
And now many of those EXACT SAME politicians are trying to make political hay out of the mess they imposed.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 11-11-2008 19:08
Lets just make sure we don't confuse the concept of government regulation with government owned. Many seem to struggle with the distinction. And a few more believe there shouldn't be a distinction.
The worst thing we could do in an economy slippin away on us is to get all panicky and start imposing regulations on businesses that are struggling to climb out of the hole. Its the bathwater that needs to be thrown out, not the baby.
Parent - - By FixaLinc (****) Date 11-13-2008 06:28
They done got the money printed and ready just can't wait to spend it! 

http://pix.auctiva.com/pix/10/00/06/oboma_bills.JPG
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 11-13-2008 13:48
And now they're yappin about ANOTHER 500 Billion!!!  5 0 0  BILLION !!!!! Thats 500,000,000,000!!!!!!
And the new first lady ain't even picked her curtains yet. Good God!!!
Can you say fillibuster??
What happened to the "we'z gonna balance the budget" ploy we heard so much about in the campaign?
Ain't gonna happen this way.
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 11-13-2008 15:24
1,200,000,000,000 or 1.2 trillion total. 3,934.43 for every legal man, woman, and child in America at 305 million people. Consider that at least a 1/3 of that are elderly or children who do not work, thats 203 million people that input to paying for that. Thats 5,991.00 dollars per every working person (a conservative number at that)
Subtract the number who don't pay any taxes or pay low enough taxes and that number sky rockets for the people actually paying taxes.

Somebody tell me where this money is going to come from?? It all sounds well and good in the media, but somebody is going to have to pay for it somewhere.

Based on my numbers, it looks like everyone making over 40K is about to be hit for this bill. I wonder if Mr. Franks and all others responsible understand what they are doing?
This is like frying the chicken used for eggs, and cutting legs off the cow used for milk to feed the need of the day without any consideration how "MY" child will eat tomorrow.
Thats my childs future they are selling down the river.
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 11-14-2008 04:25
No filibusters js55. David Copperfield just found another ballot for Al Franken.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 11-14-2008 13:09
Wasn't Copperfield Franken's chief of staff?
There has to be some smoke and mirrors going on in that campaign somewhere.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-15-2008 01:48
Good Grief!!!

Now we have "Magicians" becoming political appointees???

All I can say friends is: "Run for the HILLS!!!" Plant your self in a spot where you've got some excellent fields of fire, and get ready for the rapture because, it's a coming!!!

Clean up the "cave" and start stocking up on some fresh rations!!! ;) ;) ;)

Fortunately, I recently moved to a mountainous location where everything I need is where I need it most. ;) ;) ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By uphill (***) Date 11-15-2008 11:25 Edited 11-15-2008 11:33
The politicull machine has long arms, here in Minnesota they keep finding 100 votes for Al Frankinweeny but to not none for Norm Coleman. I think I smell the need to change the litter box at the capitol. When you need one more seat so badly that you will kick all hope of a balanced and honest system (if there ever was one) in the balls? Frankinweeny was not even a good comedian.
The new talk of bailing out the credit card companies is maybe more expensive than the rest of our self inflicted ongoing financial woes. I wish I had known that my credit cards would have been paid or forgiven like the IRS has been doing to delinquet tax people. I wonder how much ??? in back taxes they have forgiven! How about just pay off all you owe after all you did sign for it. That must mean something.
Dave
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 11-16-2008 21:21
Yep......Magicians alright.

They make the money disappear, right before our very eyes!

Bad stuff coming, regardless of what one believes. As a matter of fact, I'm digging a shelter in my backyard right now. ;-) hehe

S.W.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-28-2008 14:15
I could'nt even read the article all the way through. First year broker getting $170,000 bonuses????? I really don't know if I've ever recieved a $170 bonus. Starting to not really care what they do, everything will fail, all these over paid dirtbags will have all this money and it'll be worthless and no idea on how to survive......then maybe we'll have a good ol' fashion global cleansing, disease, famon, or whatever else God can come up with to rid the scum of the Earth.
Parent - By Uncle Chuckles (*) Date 12-05-2008 20:05
Yep, Even up here in the North we see it coming, the dollar is falling, our government doesn't know it's a## from it's elbow.  And all of us good old Northern Boys are bunkering down for the days to come. Stocking up on the good Canadian beer to keep us through the long winters. As my good friend said just the other day "The dog has been acting strange......change is a comin".  Now he may have been talking about the weather...............
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / bailout money used for bonuses