Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Welding research Database?
- - By Metarinka (****) Date 11-21-2008 18:35
Hey Ross, or anyone else in the know.
Does the AWS keep an organized database of welding related research papers anywhere online?  I know past issues of the welding journal are online but to my knowledge the whole journal is in a PDF format and not easibly searchable based on the welding research articles.

I'm curious to know, I have a growing collection of papers and PDF's including many published by the AWS.
Parent - - By ross (***) Date 11-21-2008 19:06
If you are an AWS member, your Section library should have searchable DVDs of all Welding Journals from 1919 onward, including all the research papers. Ask a Section officer if you can borrow them.

Ross
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 11-21-2008 21:30
I think my head just exploded.
Are you serious?
I never knew that.
Good Lord what a resource.

thanks
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 11-22-2008 06:29
There used to be a text based system one could call into back in the early 90s called weldasearch. It was an index of all 0of the technical articles from the welding journals. Seems like it would still be around or at least the data . Any idea where it is Ross ?
Parent - By ross (***) Date 11-22-2008 14:58
We still have an index of all the tech articles, on the AWS website. But not a function where you could search the full text of the articles. Yet.

Ross
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Welding research Database?