Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI seeking ASNT level II certs
- - By goatsrule Date 11-27-2008 13:21
I recently obtained my CWI. It appears more jobs are available for a CWI that has the ANST level II certifications in mt pt & ut. I know that some companies offer that training for employees but I haven't see any openings posted lately. I am willing to obtain those certs on my on dime but can't find anyone locally that provides the training. Anyone know of a company in alabama or the surrounding area that offers that service?
Parent - - By crazycajun (**) Date 11-27-2008 15:06
try Real Education. Linda and Gerald Taylor. they offer alot of different courses for certs.
Parent - - By goatsrule Date 11-29-2008 09:23
thanks cajun, i sent a request for info to them. BTW for anyone else that may be interested, here's a link realeducational.com
Parent - - By crazycajun (**) Date 11-29-2008 17:05
no problem. they say that you can get VT level II as well. though ACCP for a fee of course. if i am not mistaken you may need a J-1 eye exam not the normal J-2. some ppl say there's no need for it and some say it just looks good on a resume.
Parent - By goatsrule Date 12-02-2008 04:15
yes i see where a AWS CWI can apply for ACCP VT Level II through ASNT for $200.00. They accept your CWI cert so you don't have to take the exam but you're right the J-1 eye exam is an addtional requirement. ANST claims the certification is the most widely referenced NDT document specificed in codes and standards, especially ASME.  i guess it's great for those that may work under the codes requiring it and certianly won't hurt being in a resume, just not sure i'll get $200.00 worth of benefits out of it. thanks for bringing it to my attention though. if you get any more info on mt pt ut certs in central al lemme know.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI seeking ASNT level II certs