Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / This will be the next one!
- - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 11-28-2008 02:58 Edited 11-28-2008 04:28
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/ap_on_bi_ge/meltdown_coming_soon

Do some research about what happened in Argentina in their crash in 1998-2001. 
As a country we better get religious and pray for our new president because God is the only one who can save the United States.
Hope your sock is full, the freezer is full and you have the ability to grow a garden cause it is fixing to get rough!
As welders and construction people we will be able to get by and feed our families but those who either dont know how or afraid to get their hands dirty will have some issues.
On the bright side, obesity should become less of a problem.
BABRT's
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 11-28-2008 04:06
I just had a fantastic day with my Daughters and Grand kids, reminding I have plenty be thankful for.
You sure know how to throw a wet blanket on a good Thanksgiving Day. 

Don't hold your breath waiting for Gods help, get prepared and help your self as said in the good book "God helps those who help them selves"

I would like to believe I have every thing I need to get by, Beef of the hoof, lots of garden space and about 4 Acres of fire wood. Now I guess I need to stock up on ammunition.
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 12-03-2008 20:36
The New BBB. Beans bullets and bullion
Parent - - By OxbowCS (*) Date 11-28-2008 16:03
As my dad always told me growing up, "Financial security is a farse." and "Hunger is the great motivator." 

When the wolf comes growling at the door you either find a way to run him off or you shoot him and eat him!

I am not the smartest person in the world but I have always believed that the only security a person has is what's between their ears, and the ability to turn their hand at anything.  As evidence by the posts on this forum theres allot of others here that feel the same way and that makes me confident that when the economy finnaly hits the bottom it will be because people like us will be the ones that tie the not at the end of the proverbial rope. 

Just my 2 cents.
Parent - By Jim12 (**) Date 11-29-2008 15:18
My question is will we see it coming or will it happen so quickly the few who are ready will be devoured by the many who are not!
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 11-29-2008 17:29
That's pretty old news by now.   What about Ruskys coming in to help that nut run things now and drilling off Cuba.  He thinks they can't overthrow him and take over "his" oil too? 
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / This will be the next one!