Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / slowing down
- - By Cole Welding (**) Date 12-02-2008 00:53
if the work slows down when is the best time to start looking for work?????? and where?????
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-02-2008 02:47
right now every where never give up it always slows down this time of year every where makes for a cruddy christmas but after the first of the yar things will pick up again they always do
Parent - - By Johnyutah (**) Date 12-02-2008 03:00
Shad been gone for a while did you get healed up and head to brady with cactus if so good luck down there. In response to the question Shad is right on the money never stop looking the work will start up again after the first of the year when all the suits get there new budgets.
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-02-2008 03:04
i still got some open wounds but healed enuff to work as far as i'm concerned and yes i'm in brady been here a week things are very good right now i hope this keeps up thanks for asking if it werent for you guys standing behind me i dont know what i'd be doing now yes i do i'd be burning rod somewhere just good to know there are folks that care
Parent - - By Brian T. Beard (**) Date 12-05-2008 03:36
Send some pic of you finally off your can LOL. I'm sure Cactus don't know what he got into on this one. Turn and Burn Shad you deserve it. As I said awhile back you have a pardner in that hood with you. If you remember when that was posted. Glad to hear you back in action. As the song says, "you can't keep a good man down"
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-05-2008 04:12
i'm here and kicking tail and taking names whos next lol it takes alot to keep me down
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 12-05-2008 05:21
Post a pic. Don't be scared. :-)
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-06-2008 03:15
we are working 7 12's who has time to take pics
Parent - - By Jake331 (**) Date 12-02-2008 05:36
man just constantly be calling people.. I've made myself a list of drilling companies, pipeline companies, oil field service companies and buddies who might know of work. when I can't find work I jut start calling them all about twice a week til something comes up. the pipeline I am on now is a company I left my name and number with probably a month before they decided to call me. whats funny is I also just ran a rig call earlier tonight for a drilling company that I dropped a card off with 5 months ago and all of a sudden they called me and they were 15 minutes from my house. pipelinin by day chasing rigs by night...just thinking about that makes me tired , I'm going to bed
Parent - - By stanantonio Date 12-03-2008 04:09
I called probably 15 rig welders today and I couldn't get a single one to come to my job here in ND. ( The pay is on spot for normal rates here)  Every welder I called was busy.
Parent - By tigrooter (**) Date 12-03-2008 17:59
what you got?
Parent - By tnhnt (***) Date 12-03-2008 19:35
How much work is going on up there and is there alot of work? What are the contractors paying up there and is it pretty hard to find a place to stay? My wife keeps pushing me to check it out up there.
Parent - - By weaver (***) Date 12-03-2008 20:54
hey stanantonio where are you by ross or stanley? im in beatifull williston  regards shannon
Parent - - By stanantonio Date 12-05-2008 03:58
Its supposed to be same damn weld different day. lol.  Staying in williston  working tieins from tioga area and up north by lignite
Parent - - By okwelder82 (***) Date 12-06-2008 01:43
Are you still needing welders in North Dakota?
Parent - - By stanantonio Date 12-06-2008 02:13
we might.  I guess the wyoming sector of this company is temporarily shuting down the wyoming sector for the winter and I guess they are gonna come up here.  Does pipline work shutdown for the winter in wyoming?
Parent - - By weaver (***) Date 12-06-2008 16:52
are you slowing down at all do to oil prices that keep falling? people around here are getting nervous..  let me know if your outfit is still hiring stay warm, regards shannon
Parent - By stanantonio Date 12-07-2008 15:46
No its been real busy here I think that some of the fly by night rig welders that got away with having a gas welder 30ft of lead and no beveling machines are having a hard time thought
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-06-2008 20:20
as far as i know winter time dont mean anything to pipeline companies i know the 798 runs pipeline in the snow they do it in canada too
Parent - - By okwelder82 (***) Date 12-06-2008 22:19
If you need more welders give me a call. I sent you a PM with my # the other day. Thanks
Parent - - By stanantonio Date 12-07-2008 15:42
I'll keep you number and will let you know if we need a couple more welders.  They ran one guy off on his fisrt weld. He didnt even get half way around the pipe on friday
Parent - By Cole Welding (**) Date 12-07-2008 17:33
That why i am having a hard time going out a triing to go on the pipeline.....
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / slowing down