Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / test to work
- - By hojopens3 (**) Date 12-02-2008 02:56
hey guys, just want to vent. i am the rig welder on a offshore drilling rig with 25 yers exp.  our maint. crew consist of a mechanic,electrican,welder,and 2 motorman, all of these positions req. years of exp to get except for electrican. the mech. as been in the gulf for over 30 yrs. i have 25, the motorman have 15 the elec. has 18 months. this guy cant change a lite bulb without looking it up on the internet. he is 32, said he was a yeoman for 10 yrs in the navy(kinda like a secatary) also claims to be a master machinest and a master elect. the math dont add up. we have one of the most dangerous jobs in the world and this worm didnt even take a test when hired on. scared he is going to get himself or someone else killed. by the way he calls a cuttin torch a "metal disintegrater" lmao. i call him marvin martin. just another one of those guys that move here from up north and think we are just a bunch of dum rednecks
Parent - By DJN87 (*) Date 12-02-2008 03:11
Has anyone sent him to look for the board stretcher yet?
Parent - By tnhnt (***) Date 12-02-2008 03:36
Hey you said your in the gulf? Ask the little puke if he knows how to swim and if he can he shouldn't drown!!!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / test to work