Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / non-slip tripod mounting aide
- - By aevald (*****) Date 12-02-2008 19:47 Edited 12-02-2008 19:56
Hello everyone, some of you may have run into this in your daily work and have cussed the tripod when it has moved on you while you are taking and making elevation shots and using transits and optical levels for shop and possibly site related tasks. So here's a simple aide that can help with those issues. It'll keep the legs from skating out on you while it is standing on slick or hard surfaces and possibly prevent that urge to use the 3 pounder for something that you'll regret later. Hope it can be of use to some of you out there. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By slagline 3 (**) Date 12-02-2008 19:57
Great idea, I like your KISS approach. Keep em coming. I have stomped points of the transit for years. Thanks to you never again!
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-03-2008 03:30
  Another good idea, Allan. I was laying out a jobsite a few years ago and one of the other guys was breaking up the concrete that had to go with a breaker mounted on a Bobcat. The concrete was about 10"-12" thick and the ground frozen to about 2' deep. That darned tripod would not stay put.
Parent - By PipeIt (**) Date 12-11-2008 21:14
I like that much better then what I use, I always used a would triangle when shooting grade inside on concrete to keep legs from slipping, and stomped em in the dirt or stone when outside that one will work for outside and in, cool.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / non-slip tripod mounting aide