Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Ever used/heard of this machine?
- - By fbrieden (***) Date 12-03-2008 01:26
Any feed back guys?

http://ramsond.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=114_118&products_id=143
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-03-2008 01:48
I have on loan a similar machine from china. Mine is an Everlast CT416d. I think many of them are similar if not the same in design and are imported by various groups in the states. I don't know anything about that brand but the one I have seems to work well for around the house welding and cutting. I would check around ebay and other forums and the BBB for any comments complaints that may be around.

Mine is a 40 amp plasma and about all I had the patience to cut was 1/2". I have always preferred a torch but the plasma is kinda nice since I don't have to keep a set of bottles at home and an assortment of tips to cut thick/thin etc.

I am sure there will be plenty of opinions on the china machines. The ones I have, work well and thats all I know. The ones I have were sent for me to test and try out . Thats what I have done. I actually a machine from another importer too. It has done well but its stick only (and GTAW).

There is everlast, longevity, giant tech, and ramsond that I have heard of. Yuu can get these direct from china for about 300 (min order of 10) but there are SOOOO many mfgs that quality could vary a great deal.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 12-03-2008 02:35
There are some very interesting comments on weldingweb.com about this particular product.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-03-2008 01:58
I think you should get them to give you one..

You can post a review of it here!

Seems to me that Powcon had something similar back in the day.

Looks darned handy... and made in the U.S.A.!
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-03-2008 02:01
I doubt its made in the USA. Of course it being "supported" in the USA is no different than what Dell does.
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 12-03-2008 02:48
Yep, like the guys said, both good & bad reports. Everyone I know has gotten about three to five uses, then it blows up. I wouldn't buy one.

I sure would take a freebie though :-) S.W.
Parent - - By yorkiepap (***) Date 12-03-2008 17:23
Hey guys,
I know many forum members here and on other forums condemn all the foreign(Chinese) welders, & seem to castigate anyone who owns one. Problem is that most have never had one or used one to validate their opinions. First, I can only encourage those interested in expanding their capabilities, knowledge of welding processes not delved into, or a reasonably priced unit to "get-their-feet-wet", to do your homework. There is a plethora of information available regarding the usage, reliability, options of functions & features, of the imported units on the market.

After extensive research reading & investigating reports & feedback, satisfaction, & overall usage, I purchased (2) Riland welders, a 250A Spoolgun MIG- the MIG250L(mobile unit) and the WSE200P 200A AC/DC TIG unit(shop unit) to expand my operation & offerings. After (2) years of operation, the MIG250L has digested over (100) 2lb rolls of wire, and the WSE200P has burned in excess of 85lbs of TIG filler and have performed flawlessly. The MIG250L has a clone Miller 3035 spoolgun and also having a Miller 3035, they are identical in every facet including the interchangeability of parts. I would guesstimate maybe Miller has them making their 3035's, don't know. Not knowing the lifespan of the clone 3035, I even bought a spare as a "just-in-case" if I was on a mobile job & the unit failed. And the spare unit was $185 complete. How can you challenge that? The original unit is still as new and I still use it several times a week as it resides in my mobile unit. The WSE200P unit I use strictly for TIG & not SMAW, as I weld all my alum. D/plate crafts & classic/show car accessories with it and use it almost daily. It has full sync. capabilities & does a superb job with aluminum and the SS items I make.

There are many other imports(chinese) on the market & they all seem to have issues from operational bugs to complete failures. Many postings are available for viewing & the issues surrounding the imports on all the other welding forums. I haven't seen any problems reported with the Riland manufactured units as they appear to be the premiere weld. equip. manufacturer in China and the others are copied units that use inferior components & low quality standards. I am just reporting my own personal usage & satisfaction with these units from an experienced point of view. The only other import I have is a Giant Tech 200A DC SMAW unit I also use in my mobile unit. It also has performed without issue after 150lbs of SMAW rod, weighs only 22lbs, & I call it my "lunchbox" welder. Really handy on the construction sites I go to for repairs of equipment. In addition, being all inverter welders, they draw very low input current(23A max) and my generator can handle any one of these with the compressor running.

Here are the units and the specs. I hope I have cleared any misinformation regarding ALL the available imports, and just providing information that there are some well-made welders from China.      Denny

http://www.rilandusa.com/?p=Mig250L

http://www.rilandusa.com/?p=Tig200WSE
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-03-2008 21:09 Edited 12-03-2008 21:20
Thanks for the info on the Riland welders. I have one of the "Lunchbox" stick welders. Here is a review I did of the 140 amp machine from Longevity.

http://weldingdata.com/WelderReviews/longevity/LongevityMMA140.htm .

I didn't put any effort in trying to make impressive welds so be gentle on me. A few on the weldingweb explained to me how unprofessional I was for not polishing things up better. My ego has since recovered and is ready for another bashing :).

The Multiprocess machine is from Everlast

Here is the review I have on it

http://weldingdata.com/WelderReviews/Everlast/EV416D.htm

Both reviews are a little out of date. I have since cut and fixed a 4" exhaust on a dump truck, welded about 70% of a 24 ton Log Splitter a friend of mine wanted built, and fabricated a few items around the house.

So far everything is still fine. As far as the "quality of the Arc". Its no different t han anything else or I just adapt and don't notice it. The inverters do not seem to do well with cellulose electrodes if you whip too far out of the puddle.

I can't speak on the support from these companies as everything has worked fine so far. The times I have spoken with them they have been helpful but you can read MUCH more as far as opinions go on the weldingweb forum.

The ones I have seem like VERY good machines. I really like the small stick welder and am thinking about getting a 200 amp version.

[img]address[/img]
Parent - - By cyrus 07 (**) Date 12-03-2008 21:40
what is the price of that machine it does look pretty handy.
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-03-2008 21:47
The 140 amp stick welder retails for $249.00 from longevity. The Tig/Stik/PLasma retails for about $549.00 however there may be other prices from other importers. I know some are sold on Ebay etc.

Check with the company 1st to make sure they have them in stock. Sometimes shipments are still on the "slow boat ..." . If you PM me I can send you names and companies/links I have dealt with. I don't want this to turn into an ad .

The ones I have are good but I have no idea if they are any better or worse than whats out there. They just work.
Parent - By cyrus 07 (**) Date 12-03-2008 21:59
thanks for the pricing doesnt seem too bad of a deal if it does turn into junk at least you wont be out a fortune.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Ever used/heard of this machine?