Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / any body working in Edmonton Alberta
- - By stanantonio Date 12-03-2008 04:00
Just curious if any body in the forum has or is currently working in Edmonton AB?  I am thinking of taking a trip up there around Christmas to see what the oil sands is all about.  Kind of hard to find info on it.
Parent - By Johnyutah (**) Date 12-03-2008 04:39
Went there once to look at some of Pantera's big triples and check out one of Masco's fab shops never made it out in the tar sands though.
Parent - - By hurricunning (*) Date 12-05-2008 01:49
Most of the actual oil sands work occurs several hours north of Edmonton - the hub of it being Fort McMurray.  I am working at a SAGD site a little South East of Fort Mac.  Lots of them popping up.  Take the Suncor and Syncrude tours to see a little about the old open excavation method oil sands harvesting.
Parent - - By pypLynr (***) Date 12-05-2008 07:57
Stanantonio, search out a company  D&D Maintainence, Inc. They are doing  ALOT of the work up in Canada. They are a TX based company and are looking for singles and combo's and rig hands. They are workin' 21 on and 7 off on most of the schedules.
Parent - - By shawnray (*) Date 01-05-2009 02:50
do you know where in tx?
Parent - By pypLynr (***) Date 01-05-2009 14:10
They have a 903 area code so I'm guessing in east TX somewhere . You should be able to google the company .
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / any body working in Edmonton Alberta