Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Fayetteville Shale
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-10-2008 15:40
Ok this is to my friends and all others working the Fayetteville Shale pipe and or drill rig support.

I am not lazy but some of you can help me out and put me on the fast track to some decisions, quicker then making a lot of phone calls.  First off....do the pipe unions have (798 probably) have the all the pipe work sowed up??? or is it open contractor?     Who do I call be it union rep or the energy company's.   I am interested because I live right in the middle of it, and I am going to build a rig and go what for.....I have had my fill of working for big companies in shop.  I run a rig for someone else, back in my younger days, and loved doing it.  Lots of hvy equip repair, pressurized pipe, and on the spot fab.     So if any of you are willing to help out, I appreciate it.   I am under the impression that for the union pipe work I will have to "apprentice" in before I can test out (break out) as a full on welder...no problem here.   I have heard just the pipe work will last 10 yrs minimum...I think 15 from what I can see....at any rate I am highly interested in hooking up.

PM me with details, phone call, whatever, or just post what ya know.

Thanks much
Tommy
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-10-2008 20:58
start going by the rigs and pass out your card. If you do a good job they will keep calling you back. But, BEWARE, do a bad job and no one will call.
Parent - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 12-10-2008 21:54
the 798 phone number in tulsa is 918 622 1900.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Fayetteville Shale