Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Working on the truck
- - By Douglas Main (*) Date 12-11-2008 04:06
Just thought I would pick the camera up and take a couple pictures of the truck. Just threw this bed on, about 2 months ago. I was tubbed out, now I building a bed. Have a couple ideas just wasnt ready when I took the pick up bed off now Im getting there. I post the pictures next, still havent quite master the skill of posting pics!
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 12-11-2008 13:46
Looks good man!!  No snow on the ground yet?  Where are ya from?
Parent - - By Douglas Main (*) Date 12-11-2008 14:05
Western AZ
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 12-11-2008 18:30
North or south? lol  Northwest gets snow sometimes, doesn't it?
Parent - - By Tamper (**) Date 12-11-2008 21:35
Nice truck. So the rig yards and pipelines let you in with a miller? Please I dont want to start a war or nothing Im just asking a question. Oh and did you cut your frame a little shorter or is that just a short bed truck?
Parent - By Douglas Main (*) Date 12-12-2008 03:58
Ha actually central AZ and yeah the north does get dusted a bit. And dont know much about Rig yards just heavy equipment and industrial welding for now. Havent tried to get into that much. Yeah I cut the frame right behind the rear spring hangers. I know a welder...ha!
Parent - - By laynrocker84 (*) Date 12-12-2008 23:34
Douglass, What kinda bagged truck frame is that? It's good to see other welders with the same hobbie!
Parent - By Douglas Main (*) Date 12-15-2008 06:49
51' Chevy 5-window, been a project for too long. Its got a 351W I built(392 bored and stroked), Ford 9-inch and a Nova front end. Kinda a waste of time now, much rather be whistling behind the hood than working on that crap. Atleast whistling pays$ Im actually gonna turn it into a welding truck with a bakersfield style bed. Just for welding for local people here.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Working on the truck