Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / miller wire feeder with lincoln drive
- - By tigrooter (**) Date 12-11-2008 21:14
I have a deluxe big 40 miller and I'm about to get a 500 vantage. I run a suitcase 12rc with a optima pulse control on work sometimes. Anybody know if it will work with my vantage? It uses a 14-pin plug but don't know if they are the same or even wired the same. going to call miller and lincoln and see what they say.
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-12-2008 02:55
They are not the same.
The Miller 14 pin provides 24V &115 V, remote amperage with a 1K ohm pot and remote contactor.
The Lincoln 14 pin provides 42V & 115V, remote amperage with a 10K pot, and remote contactor.

Someone who understands what needs to be changed could alter the 12rc to operate off the Lincoln, but there is more to it than just changing to a compatible plug.
   Specificly the 12rc operates on 24VAC and uses the 1K ohm pot for voltage control. You need to add a transformer to provide 24 volts from the 115, and change to a 10K ohm pot for voltage control.
Parent - - By tigrooter (**) Date 12-12-2008 17:20
I'm not a electrician but your basicly saying (put the electrical tape down and back away from the stripers)
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-13-2008 03:50
You could get a 115VAC to 24VAC transformer from Miller and set the voltage back at the Lincoln machine and have a workable setup without much dificulty. You would still have to wire up compatible conectors. What You loose is the remote voltage adjustment feature.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / miller wire feeder with lincoln drive