Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / job hunting
- - By js1369 (*) Date 12-15-2008 02:38
i have been searching the web for construction co. that might be starting new jobs. But, i feel I am spinning my wheels. Since I don't have my own rig, i have to find a company that has all the equipment, which will cause my pay to be less and limit where I can go to work. What are some of the things that you guys do too find jobs.   
Parent - - By snuffman (***) Date 12-15-2008 02:41
If you want to do single hand work get a hotsheet or look up hotsheet.com. I dont have the info handy but look up a co. called T.I.C. and H.K.A. they do work all over the US.
Parent - - By OBrien (***) Date 12-15-2008 03:10
I'm working for tradesmen international rate now.  They are a staffing company the pay is good and they work with me on location choices.
Parent - - By pypLynr (***) Date 12-15-2008 03:29
They have been burnin' up my wire trying to get me to work for them . Are they really good to you and no issues with your pay ?Do they handle all travel to and from projects?
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-15-2008 16:39
thought you were goin to Hawai?
Parent - - By pypLynr (***) Date 12-15-2008 22:08
Nah , I held out on the Hawaii gig for the holidays. I leave for the Bahamas on Jan. 5th . I got 3 kids so I didn't want to be out of pocket for X-mas , you know .
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-16-2008 01:01
yeah i know what ya mean looks like i wont be here for xmas but nothin else goin on i gotta go make some money so the wife and kids can have a good xmas. After the year i had it wouldnt be much of a xmas for me anyway spent xmas eve last year just me and ryder while the rest went to see inlaws it'll be hard but i'll get thru it
Parent - - By pypLynr (***) Date 12-15-2008 03:27
Try - yahoohotjobs.com  . You can search the whole country for jobs. Also, hotsheets.com , it has alot of prospects all over.
Parent - - By OBrien (***) Date 12-15-2008 09:42 Edited 12-15-2008 09:46
Yeah they treat me pretty good.  I have not got any mileage but I have not traveled that far for them yet.  They had me set to go onto a job thats only 2 hours from home but the company the job is for has pushed the start date back so they called up and asked if I would like to go work another job and they gave me an extra $6 an hour and I get to keep it when the job closer to home opens up.   Ill be making $28 an hour or more working 6-10 with 75 a day per diem in maine where 40k is a damn good annual salary.  That is a single hand with only basic hand tools currently working at a biopharmacutial plant doing low pressure carbon pipe.

Feel free to ask any spefic questions and if you do go to hire on could you give me your name and contact info I'll refer a recruiter and they will give me my choice of either 2 paid days off or like $225
Parent - By pypLynr (***) Date 12-15-2008 13:20
Yea man , no prob . Anything to help a brother out .
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-15-2008 14:49
you can also try roadtechs.com there is always lisitngs on there and new 1's most everyday
Parent - - By pypLynr (***) Date 12-15-2008 22:05
I have worked several jobs off of roadtechs.com . The jobs on there are usually travel jobs but some are for permenant positions.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-16-2008 00:59
the 1 time i sent an email to a company was for a tankie job in colorado and the offer wasnt all their add said it was i turned it down
Parent - - By OBrien (***) Date 12-16-2008 01:15
Check the hot sheet you gotta pay for it but my buddy has got it and they have a load of jobs in it.  Including antartica
Parent - - By js1369 (*) Date 12-16-2008 01:45
does the hotsheet charge a monthly fee or is annually?
Parent - By OBrien (***) Date 12-16-2008 10:29
Don't know I think you can buy one issue if you want but im not sure.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / job hunting