Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Do you think this is real?
- - By Kix (****) Date 12-15-2008 15:09
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=47982696   If it is, this is now one of the coolest things I've ever seen!
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 12-15-2008 15:17
That is pretty cool.  It looks real.  I wouldn't want to be in one of those boats though. 
The same guy posted this video too.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19890515

Its hilarious.  Check it out.
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 12-15-2008 15:23
Oh my god!  That is dam funny, but scary at the same time. DAM!!!!
Parent - - By OBrien (***) Date 12-16-2008 01:28
The first one I don't know about I think that there is a law that states you have so far away from civilians to break the sound barrier and the second one was just plain stupidity.  He fired then got down to get the barrel without clearing the weapon.  BIG NO NO
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-16-2008 05:07
I don't think that plane was supersonic, and the sound track confirms it.
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 12-16-2008 13:08
The plane was subsonic, just below super, but at the same time, can you really fly that low in a dam harbor? lol  I sure would of loved to be there to see that though.  It might have been a one time occurence.
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 12-16-2008 15:37
I bet you Maverick and Iceman could do it over a pond.
:-)
Parent - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 12-16-2008 17:51
I have had the privilege of seeing F-14s and F/A-18s do flybys at sea, and let me tell you, at mach 1 there is NO WAY you will mistake that it was supersonic.  As far as how low this guy was, it looks a little bit on the dangerous side to me, especially for the folks in the boats.  I suspect it was part of an approved flight plan for an air show, although where it might have been is hard to say.  Not in the US, at least I doubt it very much.
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 12-16-2008 19:43 Edited 12-16-2008 19:46
the first video is real, there are some photos to confirm it.
Those shennanigans are frowned upon in the air force though and it's most likely illegal to fly that low. There was a famous incident where chuck yager flew under a bridge which was also highly illegal and he could of lost his flying privledges over it. http://www.newser.com/story/39404/city-covered-up-yeagers-fabled-bridge-stunt.html
Parent - By OBrien (***) Date 12-16-2008 22:00
A conspericy of silenced.  I like that
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-17-2008 04:25
I did see a light plane fly under a bridge on the Severn River near Annapolis, Md. I doubt it is legal to do so.

In Nassau, Bahamas the sea planes land in the harbour pretty close to the boats. A friend of Mine was there when one did hit a sailboat mast.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Do you think this is real?