Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Caution when ordering through Weldmart
- - By dsmtuner (*) Date 12-16-2008 00:32
I recently bought 1500.00 worth of stuff from Weldmart for my 2 lincoln redfaces.  I have spent around 3k with them previously.  Two of the items, zenith carb 295.00 and studs for front panel(2 sets) 45.00 per stud (so x4).  I recieved the items and was lookin around at some websites and happened to find the carb on Bills Welder Repair.  The exact same carb is 167.00 on the main page for engine driven, I also found the studs for 43.00 a set. Keep in mind its the SAME exact stuff.

so we have    weldmart-295+180=475.00
                     Bills- 167+86=253.00

I called Weldmart and told them I had found the stuff cheaper, they told me there is no way they can return the items or refund me any money.  I should have shopped around but I have bought from them many times before and i trusted that they would treat me right, just like everyone deserves to be treated.  Well, I was wrong.  After I told them I found them cheaper their exact words were "well if ya dont have anything better to do you can always find stuff cheaper."  I replied "222.00 cheaper?  I dont think thats right."  Their customer service is horrible, I was treated like a ****in idiot, now who wants to be talked to like that by someone?  No one.  Well after figuring that it was not worth my time to argue I just figured I took it in the ass this time.  It wont happen again. 

O it gets better, I told him where I found the stuff for  cheaper, Bills, and he laughed, he wouldnt say anything directly bad but it doesnt have to be directly said for me to know what he is sayin.  He told me there is a reson they are chaper than Weldmart. I said its the same carb.  he had no reply.

I am not telling anyone where to shop just remember this when you are going to buy something.  My buisness will be going elsewhere next time cause my money and customer satisfaction is worth more than that.

Thanks Weldmart for not treating me like a person.
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 12-16-2008 01:23
I have done my fair share of parts shopping on the net ebay included and Bills is by far the best price and the bestest customer service i have ever recieved. When i have a problem i call kaye and if she aint available she'll call back and if she cant help she gets her dad on the phone (Bill) and your problem is solved yes it's really that simple. The reason their parts are cheaper is because they are not trying to get rich over night and want the return customer give Kaye a call and tell het Shad sent ya she'll treat you right
Parent - - By dsmtuner (*) Date 12-16-2008 03:39
Thanks for your input,  I was kinda worried about loosin a resource.  But I have definately found a better one.
Parent - - By roundydownie (**) Date 12-16-2008 03:56
Bills is totally the best place to shop..im fixin to take my red face to them..super nice and super helpful!!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-18-2008 22:55
Thanks for the input, WELDMART BAD, BILLS GOOD. Never bought from either, but I know I won't be buying from one of them, not to mention names......coughcoughweldmartcough......

Word of mouth...and internet, do people not realize the magnitude of the internet?
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 12-19-2008 06:37
I always thought weldmart was way way to high in priceing.. never bought from them but still to much money
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 12-19-2008 21:40
I am humbled and I thank you all for your kind words. What we offer is the difference between a service shop and sales office.
Parent - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 12-20-2008 01:35
kay shares her sources with everyone... i promise you she isnt getting rich on the mark up of her prices. she is VERY FAIR. i do suggest pricing everything you buy.I guarantee she will be the cheapest.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Caution when ordering through Weldmart